Discussion topic: Account number issue

This message was authored by 96Darrel This message was authored by: 96Darrel

Account number issue

I was with sky a few years ago, and signed back up again with the same email. However, I've got a new account number and it is not linked to my account. I have emails showing my new account number etc, and I'm getting billled for it, but MySky only shows my old account and I still get letters telling me to "come back to sky" but I already am? There's an error on the system somewhere and the virtual assistant can't help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Account number issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@96Darrel   As you left Sky and then returned after being away for a year or more then your account will have been closed as you have discovered so you will need to set up a new Sky ID.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to first remove it from the old account first as this will then free it up allowing it to be used when setting your new ID up. You can do this by logging into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-id/sky-id

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

As you've been away for more than a year, the simplest solution is to create a new Sky iD and link your new Sky account humber to it. You can't use the same email address, so either change the email address in your old Sky iD or use a different address for the new one.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/your-account/my-sky-id/sky-id-flow/articles/sky-id-start

96Darrel
Topic Author

But all of the correspondence I've been getting from Sky is linked to the same email that my old account was, and my old account still shows on MySky? Surely they would have noticed I still had a Sky Account when I signed up with the email address? Would it be worth a phone call to get swapped over? Thanks for your help and responding. 

96Darrel
Topic Author

Thank you. I shall try sign up with a new email. However, as I mentioned all my current correspondence from Sky comes to my email address linked with my old account which as billing etc. It is just MySky that won't work. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It is just an email address that you can remove from your old account and use with your new one by following what @GD1 has posted for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion