Discussion topic: Account Issues

This message was authored by JHeywood This message was authored by: JHeywood

Account Issues

I have the Superfast broadband but having issues. I'm currently paying £43 a month surely this is right? Any help

please 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Account Issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JHeywood  explain what account issues you're having and the forum maybe able to advise or point you in right direction 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
JHeywood
Topic Author
This message was authored by JHeywood This message was authored by: JHeywood

My signal is going on and off throughout the day. I lose signal in some parts of my house without moving far from the router. There is no consistentancy to my signal. 

When I look at upgrading to the next level of signal it says £5 but I am already paying £43 a month for this service when online its available at £28. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@JHeywood wrote:

...when online its available at £28. 

That's a new customer 'in contract' discount rate.

If you are 'out of contract' then you can negotiate a better price - but you are unlikely to match a new customer price - unless you move to another provider...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@JHeywood wrote:

My signal is going on and off throughout the day. I lose signal in some parts of my house without moving far from the router. There is no consistentancy to my signal. 

When I look at upgrading to the next level of signal it says £5 but I am already paying £43 a month for this service when online its available at £28. 

Broadband speeds tend to be to the property and unless you are on more premium packages won't promise or guarantee good WiFi signal across your property.

You could potentially upgrade to Sky's WiFi Max service where they guarantee a better WiFi signal across your property or alternatively you can purchase yourself a better router or a mesh network and set it up yourself.

Most routers that came provided on the more standard broadcast tiers from ISPs aren't particularly fantastic routers and tend to be more lower end. Whilst for the majority of customers this isn't am issue there are plenty of things that can cause WiFi interference including other devices in your property, neighbouring devices and WiFi networks and also the actual constructions of your property can weaken WiFi signal through walls and floors.

You could try things like changing the channel your Wifo network is broadcasting on as it's possible the current channel it's using is quite busy with other local/neighbouring networks.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion