Discussion topic: loss of BBC radio 1 , radio 2 , radio 3, radio 4 and BBC radio 5 channels from Sky freeview box

This message was authored by mjohnc1 This message was authored by: mjohnc1

loss of BBC radio 1 , radio 2 , radio 3, radio 4 and BBC radio 5 channels from Sky freeview box

I live in scotland and cannot receive FM or DAB radio signals so I have relied on old Thomson and Grundig boxes ( with Freeview cards) for radio reception only . Until today I could receive all normal channels but I now cannot receive standard BBC R1,R2,R3,R4 and Radio 5 channels.  I have removed/ replaced cards and find I can only receive various other channels eg. BBC radioscotland 0116, 0106 Classical radio and many others including heart, LBCX, BBc radio wales0117, Capital Xtra 0114 etc. 

I do not hold a current Sky subscription ( I use Freesat on Freesat TVs for viewing but rely on these old Sky freesat boxes for separate radio reception.

I have changed address some 6 years ago when I held my original Sky subscription/account but have had no problems in using my relocated sky boxes since that time in receiving all radio channels. Do I need to reset my boxes /cards by reattaching to a tv monitor or has Sky removed these BBC radio channels from their listings. 

Txs in anticipation of a solution .  

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: loss of BBC radio 1 , radio 2 , radio 3, radio 4 and BBC radio 5 channels from Sky freeview box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mjohnc1  BBC have essentially switch off all SD & Radio services using DVB-S, BBC station have migrated to DVB-S2, if your boxes are SD only then you won't be able to get them unless you get a box capable of HD (DVB-S2)

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/bbc-completes-sd-satellite-switch-off/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: loss of BBC radio 1 , radio 2 , radio 3, radio 4 and BBC radio 5 channels from Sky freeview box

@mjohnc1  BBC have essentially switch off all SD & Radio services using DVB-S, BBC station have migrated to DVB-S2, if your boxes are SD only then you won't be able to get them unless you get a box capable of HD (DVB-S2)

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/bbc-completes-sd-satellite-switch-off/

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

mjohnc1
Topic Author
This message was authored by mjohnc1 This message was authored by: mjohnc1

Many thanks. EBay here  come !

This message was authored by Pete+Tobin This message was authored by: Pete+Tobin

I have lost all my BBC Radio stations on Sky Q as of Monday. If I tune into 0102 it says No Signal is being broadcast on this channel.  All other TV and Radio is working fine.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Pete+Tobin  Have you tried arebbot as all Radio & BBC HD regions will be available on Sky Q

This message was authored by Pete+Tobin This message was authored by: Pete+Tobin

Thanks, I did a software update and the channels came back.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion