Discussion topic: Wiring outside and damaged box which Sky piggy banked off. Wire comes into housethen outside to dish

This message was authored by lb2014 This message was authored by: lb2014

Wiring outside and damaged box which Sky piggy banked off. Wire comes into housethen outside to dish

IMG_5600.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Wiring outside and damaged box which Sky piggy banked off. Wire comes into housethen outside to

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lb2014  You'll need to be more clear and provide full details of the issue as it looks like you tried to type it all in the character limited subject bar rather than in the message body where you included the pictures.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Wiring outside and damaged box which Sky piggy banked off. Wire comes into housethen outside to

Can you pinpoint where we should looking, please?

lb2014
Topic Author

Oh thank you

box outside lost front wires exposed. Sky piggy banked off box. White wires into house, black upside, across roof to dish.

• Do I need all these wires and what sbout the damaged box?
This message was authored by Derek_Trotter This message was authored by: Derek_Trotter

@lb2014 wrote:

Oh thank you

box outside lost front wires exposed. Sky piggy banked off box. White wires into house, black upside, across roof to dish.

• Do I need all these wires and what sbout the damaged box?

Looking at those pictures it appears that only the white twin shotgun cable is connected to the LNB on the dish and it then goes down the house and into your house. These should be the only ones necessary to connect to your Q box. (Assuming you have Sky Q)

If the black wires are connected to the LNB too then it's possible you have a hybrid LNB and the black wires might be for a second Freesat box or TV? Do you have either?

lb2014
Topic Author

Contacting Sky

How do we contact Sky? Chat & phone calls don't work as my question is not included in the options

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Contacting Sky

@lb2014 

What's your question? Perhaps we can save you a call?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
lb2014
Topic Author

It relates to outdoor wiring & damaged box that Sky piggybacked off

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@lb2014 

No need for a new thread. I've moved it into your original thread and removed my post as being the answer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@lb2014 I'm a bit confused, to be honest. It doesn't look like the work of a Sky engineer. Firstly it's not recommended to sling the cable over the roof untethered because it will move about and chafe allowing water to get in. And piggy backing off the same LNB port won't work as the control signals from your Sky boxes will conflict. Each Sky box connection must have a separate cable to a spare port on the LNB.

lb2014
Topic Author

How do I add a photo as doesn't seem to be working. Clicked and photo etc but not loading

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion