Discussion topic: Where will we find Quantum Leap?

This message was authored by PeteRG41 This message was authored by: PeteRG41

Where will we find Quantum Leap?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So I've seen a few trailers for the upcoming Quantum Leap reboot showing on NBC in the states.

The obvious question is, where will we find this on Sky and when?

I may well have missed something that's already been announced - my wife has been glued to the events of the Queen's passing for the past few days.

____
Pete.

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Where will we find Quantum Leap?

From an article on geektown, no confirmed uk broadcaster yet. They expect sky but nothing confirmed.

Usually with sky, they like to be able to play episodes through without the breaks they do in the US so if sky, probably be a time until it is on in the uk

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@PeteRG41 wrote:

So I've seen a few trailers for the upcoming Quantum Leap reboot showing on NBC in the states.

The obvious question is, where will we find this on Sky and when?

I may well have missed something that's already been announced - my wife has been glued to the events of the Queen's passing for the past few days.

Currently, Sky Sci-Fi show the old series, so it's possible it will air there. But if not, I assume it will be put on Peacock as it's an NBC show.

On average, it takes 95 days or (3 months and 3 days) from when a show airs in the US to air in the UK according to this DigitalSpy article; https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a552828/us-tv-shows-take-average-of-95-days-to-air-in-uk-report-c....

Quantum Leap's first episode is airing this Monday (19 September) on NBC and Peacock in the US. 95 days after that is 23 December. But with that correlating to Christmas, I would expect January/February for it to air over here. 

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Peacock in the UK is only really for some Peacock Originals - the ones NBCU own anyway , NBC and Syfy shows aren't showing on it ,I agree the earliest it would probably be showing on Sky Sci-Fi is January

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Now that's been extended to 18 episodes, it's possible it might not be until March or later.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

I've watched the first 7 episodes of Quantum Leap on Peacock USA via VPN. It's quite a fun series. 

They had a deal a few weeks back to get a year's subscription to Peacock Premium for $19.99 which I took up. Lots of good stuff on there in excellent quality, some in 4K. Great selection of movies too - Minions The Rise of Gru, Black Phone, Brian & Charles, Jurassic World Dominion: Extended Version, Beast, Halloween Ends, all the Harry Potter movies, and a ton of other stuff. There are a few ads you have to sit through at the start but it was an absolute bargain for the price. 

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@fizzdisco 

Sounds 1000% better then the Peacock we get in UK.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@fizzdisco 

Yeah, it's really good - an absolute steal for less than £20 for the year. Excellent simple app that works well and great stream quality. 

The ads which play before movies are actually quite fun - ridiculously OTT for insurance and American real estate brokers. If you watch them for 2 minutes at the start you get the whole movie un-interrupted.  

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@fizzdisco 

Wish Ads on Twitch worked like that.

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@fizzdisco 

There isn't any need for Peacock in the  UK , all those films will be Sky Cinema in the next few months or so.

Now that's It's been renewed for a 2nd season,

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/nbc-renews-quantum-leap-season-2-1235280799/

hopefully it isn't long before it shows on Sky (most likely)

The season finale is on 3rd April in the US hopefully might hear news on a UK broadcast soon.

Still no sign of it appearing on Sky or anywhere soon.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

From Geektown, 

Premiers 13th July on Paramount+

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

It's turning into Sky Showtime with these NBC Universal acquisitions...NBC shows are under Peacock on it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion