Discussion topic: Where is the content ….(Peacock)

This message was authored by CharlesAFR This message was authored by: CharlesAFR

Where is the content ….(Peacock)

OK I get it. Peacock is being phased out in UK and content moved onto Sky channels. Or meant to be ... 

Recent well received shows such as Mrs Davis and Poker Face, along with Peacock movies such as Kevin (Scream) Williamson's Sick and They / Them are NOT currently scheduled to arrive on Sky UK. Programming confirmed to me this morning. Frustrating as that is, other broadcasters / steamers don't seem to realise so these great shows sit in limbo, not finding a home in the UK. Perhaps the US writers strike will make Sky go back to Peacock library and start to bring great, oven ready hits over to the UK....

All Replies

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Where is the content ….(Peacock)

While i agree those 2 Original shows aren't actually owned by NBC Universal, They’re will go highest bidder or whoever is interested will be suprised if Sky aren't interested since they're airing Poker Face on Sky in Germany.

No confirmation of Based On A True Story from Universal Content Productions airing on Sky Max next month either yet.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CharlesAFR wrote:

Peacock is being phased out in UK and content moved onto Sky channels.

I'm not aware any such announcement has been made.

Worth noting that while Peacock (US) is far better stocked with content, it's consequently losing NBCU a vast amount of money.

https://variety.com/2023/streaming/news/peacock-losses-3-billion-peak-2023-1235503100/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@CharlesAFR wrote:

Peacock is being phased out in UK and content moved onto Sky channels.

I'm not aware any such announcement has been made.

Worth noting that while Peacock (US) is far better stocked with content, it's consequently losing NBCU a vast amount of money.

https://variety.com/2023/streaming/news/peacock-losses-3-billion-peak-2023-1235503100/ 

They moved Bel Air to Sky Max so that speaks volumes.

Apparently anything popular on Peacock in the US is being looked at Sky for their own channels.

Also 2 of of 3 Peacock subscribers have watched a First run Universal Film on the service and those go Sky Cinema in the UK - 4 this month

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/peacock-viewers-growth-streaming-competition-1235599443/

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Timelord2018 

I do find it weird that senior execs within Comcast/Sky are apparently happy to sign off on a headline service continuing to have almost no content.

There was that interesting line in the Sunday Times article:

Others, however, bemoan a lack of drive inside Sky. “It’s just not run with the same sort of endeavour that it was before,” said a senior source. Some internally feel frustrated at not being able to shout about what Sky is doing as they could before, limited as they are by being a small cog in a global media machine.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Interesting comment

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

A small but interesting observation this morning. 

Looks like Below Deck (the original) has been added/re-tagged under the Sky Max label. Not really that significant but maybe a further indication of them starting to shift some of that remaining library catalogue under the Sky brands... 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

There appear to decided license back catalogue film content to Amazon Prime or TV content to ITVX.

American Gangster and A Million Ways to Die in West which were on Peacock UK section were added to Amazon Prime recently for example.

@Plektrum wrote:

A small but interesting observation this morning. 

Looks like Below Deck (the original) has been added/re-tagged under the Sky Max label. Not really that significant but maybe a further indication of them starting to shift some of that remaining library catalogue under the Sky brands... 

The Real Housewives Of Orange County has been added to Sky Max , I guess The Resort might be get added on under Sky Max at some point since its wasn't removed.

NBC Universal have also sold 2nd run rights to Dr. Death to Channel 4

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dr-death

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion