Discussion topic: When will the new seasons of the delayed US programs be aired?

This message was authored by DaveMur This message was authored by: DaveMur

Re: When will the new seasons of the delayed US programs be aired?

Thank you Danial.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Ben1980 wrote:

FBIs return to UK in March according to Geektown who get advance press releases. 

Hopefully news on others soon. Seems strange Rookie not doing the same in UK as it is in Germany. 

Confirmed on this link
https://www.skymedia.co.uk/best-of-the-us/

Will be either the 3rd full week or last week of March 

This message was authored by JonD1492 This message was authored by: JonD1492

Mark, you said: "For these types of shows Sky have never broadcast them at the same time as the US."  That's just not true:  there have been plenty of shows on plenty of occasions when US shows have been shown almost in-sync with the USA on Sky, and sometimes even before our US cousins got to see them.  Whilst it's rare for that to happen today, compared to five or 10 years ago, it has happened.  So your assertion that it "has never" happened, is, I'm afraid, totally wrong!

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

In some cases nowadays, they don’t even announce new acquisitions more than 2 weeks in advance , as it looks Sky have acquired The Cleaning Lady

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2024/02/26/sky-witness-picks-up-wb-fox-series-the-cleaning-lady-starring-...

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JonD1492 wrote:

Mark, you said: "For these types of shows Sky have never broadcast them at the same time as the US."  That's just not true:  there have been plenty of shows on plenty of occasions when US shows have been shown almost in-sync with the USA on Sky, and sometimes even before our US cousins got to see them.  Whilst it's rare for that to happen today, compared to five or 10 years ago, it has happened.  So your assertion that it "has never" happened, is, I'm afraid, totally wrong!

I think you have misinterrupted what i said.

Sky do and have broadcast US shows at the same time, where shows are scheduled to be broadcast on consecutive weeks without any breaks (e.g Game of Thrones, Succession).

The shows i was referring were the ones listed in the initial post where Sky start them delayed. These types of shows  the seasons aren't broadcast over 22 consecutive weeks in the US they tend to show 4 or 5 episodes then break for a week or 2, before continuing the new episodes. These shows get delayed in the UK so that they can be broadcast weekly without any gaps in the schedule,

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by JonD1492 This message was authored by: JonD1492

No, Mark, there's been no misunderstanding, and I’m not thick: I know how USA shows are shown in that country. Please don't patronise or mansplain this stuff to me.

You  specifically said and wrote: 

"For these types of shows Sky have never broadcast them at the same time as the  US."

You specifically wrote "these TYPES of shows". What you did NOT write was "for these specific shows"!

Whst other "types" of shows were you thinking of?

in previous times. Hallmark in the UK has shown SVU In the same week as the USA. We've also seen some episodes of CHICAGO PD in the same week as the USA. And Sky 1 even showed some episodes of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA before the USA.

So...

Just admit that you made an error. Don't try and wriggle out of it, simply because you're a Sky Superfan looking to try and save some face.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey All,

Thank you for your joining the Community! 🙂

I just wanted to remind everyone to please make sure that you read the community rules prior posting and please be nice to each other 😊

You can read the community rules here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Get-Started/bd-p/flow?step=4

Thank you for your understanding and continued involvement in Sky Community Forum! 

Fanni
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Lucy65 This message was authored by: Lucy65

Why is there NO date  for new series in UK ?? 😞😡

The Rookie, The Equalizer, Chicago shows and The Good Doctor also confirmed for April on Sky.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Lucy65  which programs are you interested in specifically?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lucy65 

Have a look at the Geektown website and sign up for free emails advising you of the season premiere on any series you're interested in. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

All three FBIs later this month and 

The Rookie season 6 confirmed for 22nd April and Good Doctor season 7 for 10th April on Sky

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Final season of S.W.A.T set for March 24th according to ad seen on tv this morning 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

And apparently The Rookie is back on Monday 22 April. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by notagain This message was authored by: notagain

(911 season 6) is on Disney it's been cancelled by Fox and picked up by ABC For season 7, Fox said it was just to expensive to keep making the show. So when we will see new episodes and where I dont know.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion