Discussion topic: Use of HDMI Switch

This message was authored by Ebr01 This message was authored by: Ebr01

Use of HDMI Switch

I have a Samsung TV with 2 HDMI slots. I need 3 so was looking at purchasing a switch but am unsure how to set this up in best way. I have a soundbar and an Amazon Firestick and need my sound bar to be in use at all times.  Can you make any recommendations foe this and possible best switch option for me. 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Use of HDMI Switch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Ebr01 

I don't have any specific knowledge of any standalone HDMI switches so can't make any recommendations as such. 

Even if your TV is not 4K (you don't say either way) then I would still recommend making sure that any switch is fully HDMI 2.0 (or 2.1) compliant and also HDCP 2.2 compliant.

You will need to leave your SOund bar connected directly to your TV using the current ARC labelled port which I am guessing it is using

Any other inputs would thus need to go into the switch and then the output from the Switch to the other port on your TV

That said,  if your Soundbar has full 4K /HDR pass through  then it might be better to link the switch output to the input on your Sound bar , rather than to your TV as this is likely to reduce the risk of Lip Synch problems

BTW this might be better in either the SKY Q or SKY + groups so if you let us know which box you have, I will move into the appropriate group

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion