Discussion topic: Too many subs required & online accounts Peacock, Apple, Disney, Paramount etc to access previously

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

Re: Too many subs required & online accounts Peacock, Apple, Disney, Paramount etc to access pre

@nolte wrote:

Another user wrote:

• I'm expecting The Simpsons next season to be on Disney+ given that last season was only on Sky Showcase and no available on Catch Up

That has always been the way with the simpsons though. None of the other previous seasons were on catch up either.

When I last looked durimg the last season, the previous season was available to download. Also, previous seasons were advertised on the New Series section. The last season was not advertised there. All signs point to Disney+ for the next season of The Simpsons.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Too many subs required & online accounts Peacock, Apple, Disney, Paramount etc to access pre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

We'll see

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@nolte wrote:

We'll see

That we will. Either way I'm covered.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@LGUser wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@LGUser wrote:

@merv60  I do feel that TV is getting rather fragmented becaue of all the streaming services.

Disney owns ABC and FX. CBS own Paramount+.

So I can see a lot of US TV going to Disney+ and Paramount+. When the contracts are up. Disney has already pulled some programming onto Disney+. I can see more going over when they can get it. I can see Paramount+ has some US programs that used to be on Sky. I can see more of this happening.

@LGUser Yes, it's certainly how it's going. It looks like I already wasted my time watching S1 of Yellowjackets on Sky as I think S2 will be on Paramount+, which I don't subscribe to. Maybe there will be a free 7-day trial still on offer when S2 appears. We'll see.

I'm expecting The Simpsons next season to be on Disney+ given that last season was only on Sky Showcase and no available on Catch Up. I also expect 9-1-1 to go to Disney+ when the contract expires as well as Grey's Anatomy and Station 19.

One other thing I kind of expect is new shows from ABC to go to Disney+

That's now happening this Autumn , so it appears the only Disney show left still premiering on Sky will be The Simpsons for now

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2022/09/08/greys-anatomy-station-19-9-1-1-move-from-sky-to-disney-in-the-...

Although it will be Paramount+ Original in the US , It's possible the Criminal Minds revival season 16 will premiere on Disney+ internationally as Disney have the International rights to the show and ABC is the lead studio.

As for Yellowjackets S2 , Sky don't have a Output deal with Showtime anymore, it's quite clear they don't have the rights to new seasons of existing Showtime dramas , Paramount+ UK are also posting about season 2 casting news and the start of production on their social media pages aswell

It was shown as 'Paramount+ Exclusive' at their launch event in June.

@Timelord2018 wrote:

That's now happening this Autumn , so it appears the only Disney show left still premiering on Sky will be The Simpsons for now

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2022/09/08/greys-anatomy-station-19-9-1-1-move-from-sky-to-disney-in-the-...

Although it will be Paramount+ Original in the US , It's possible the Criminal Minds revival season 16 will premiere on Disney+ internationally as Disney have the International rights to the show and ABC is the lead studio.

As for Yellowjackets S2 , Sky don't have a Output deal with Showtime anymore, it's quite clear they don't have the rights to new seasons of existing Showtime dramas , Paramount+ UK are also posting about season 2 casting news and the start of production on their social media pages aswell

It was shown as 'Paramount+ Exclusive' at their launch event in June.

What about The Rookie and The Good Doctor? Both are broadcast on ABC in the US. I have no idea if they belong to Disney or not.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Those belong to EOne and Sony , i suspect they will be looking more and more to Sony to pick up new shows from in future aswell as EOne - I expect Sky acquire The Rookie spin off series

@Timelord2018 wrote:

Those belong to EOne and Sony , i suspect they will be looking more and more to Sony to pick up new shows from in future aswell as EOne - I expect Sky acquire The Rookie spin off series

Thanks. I also hope for the spinoff series.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion