Discussion topic: Since having Sky installed the you tube is different. I have a Amazon fire stick Prior to Sky I co

This message was authored by Tauntpn This message was authored by: Tauntpn

Since having Sky installed the you tube is different. I have a Amazon fire stick Prior to Sky I co

Prior to having sky installed the you tube was available through my Amazon fire stick and I was Able to get all types of music mainly  DVD if you like and numerous other things .Now I cant access the same You tube which is in the sky package

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Since having Sky installed the you tube is different. I have a Amazon fire stick Prior to Sky I

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tauntpn  Have you logged into Youtube on Sky Q?  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Since having Sky installed the you tube is different. I have a Amazon fire stick Prior to Sky I

@Tauntpn 

I don't think it's possible to reach items purchased through YouTube in the app on Sky hardware, if that is what you are trying to do.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Tauntpn 

Why not just continue to use YouTube via your Firestick? Just because you've got Sky Q doesn't mean your Firestick stops working. Make sure it's still plugged in to another HDMI port on your TV and select that input with your TV remote. You'll then have everything exactly as you left it.

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

I always just cast Youtube from my phone to my Q box. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@redsky88 

But I believe that's not actually 'casting': the app on the phone sends the URL to the app on the Q box, so in the case of purchased content the app limitations on Q will still apply.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

Ah, so different to a Chromecast?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion