Discussion topic: The open golf UHD

This message was authored by Jerry+O+Leary This message was authored by: Jerry+O+Leary

Re: The open golf UHD

Which is what I did. Under the red button. Top right of the screen shows Ultra HDR. Totally different  picture. Good enough for me. 

BTW I do the same for Football, Formula 1 and Cricket. Are you saying none are UltraHDR and Dolby Atmos(football). Don't agree 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NewtonBoy wrote:

@Jerry+O+Leary 

It's not produced in UHD/HDR, it's just HD upscaled.   You can get a similar effect if your TV has an 'HDR effect' picture mode.

You can always check if it's 'real' by going to the dedicated HD channel the sport is on and pressing select.  If there is native UHD you'll get the 'select for UHD' prompt.

Yes, The golf is still broadcast/provided in hd.
The Sky Sports ME Ultra HD channels is just upscaling that HD broadcast on the HDR channel..

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by NewtonBoy This message was authored by: NewtonBoy

@Jerry+O+Leary   I'm saying if a sport is available in native UHD, a prompt from the dedicated channel  (e.g. Sky Sports Golf/Cricket/F1) will offer you to UHD.    If you're watching Sky Sports Main Event a prompt will give you UHD/HDR regardless if it's native or not.

Even when Main Event is simulcasting Sky Sports News it offers UHD/HDR!!!

This message was authored by gary+atherton This message was authored by: gary+atherton

It's on sky main channel as UHD but it's not actual UHD. Bit of a con really. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion