Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trips+out wrote:

Can someone please help me to understand sky press release regarding this tennis deal. Sky Sports' coverage will be led by presenter Gigi Salmon, alongside Tim Henman and Laura Robson who will offer their expert analysis and insights across the two tours, with Jonathan Overend on the match commentary. Where is the presenter, experts and Jonathan Overend on commentary?.

Looking at the tour calendars the main draw for Brisbane doesn't start until tomorrow what is showing at the moment appears to be qualifying 

my guess is skys main coverage will start at the point of the main draw starting 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

I looked at Sky's cheaper option, Now, still expensive at £35/month compared to Amazon prime. Anyone who doesn't know, and I didn't, they call on demand matches Bonus Streams and Now tell me that there will be no tennis on bonus streams i e no On Demand matches.

As I said on an earlier post, I've bought Tennis Tv and will have to content myself with men's matches only for 2024 and just watch two of the slams, Wimbledon free on BBC and the French on  Eurosport. TennisTv have a spoiler option as well which is very welcome because as a long time tennis fan ( 50plus years of watching!), I found it annoying to get the match length along the bar at the bottom when I started watching an On  demand match. As an older person I have struggled to get to grips with all this  and I think there will be a lot of very disappointed older tennis fans who haven't being able to get to grips with all the technology.

This message was authored by darrenly2020 This message was authored by: darrenly2020

W t a live coverage on sky q very poor

Why are we only getting four matches over night no red button and no catch up

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@tennisfan 

You can also watch AO and French Open on discovery plus which I've done for several years. Very good coverage, on demand, full match replays etc for c.£7 per month. How tennis coverage should be.

I had Sky Stream when US Open was on and even with the bonus streams which are live feeds only btw, it was a pitiful offering. I cancelled my subscription when tournament finished. I would use Tennis TV but prefer WTA, looks like I will have to forget about tennis now Sky have it. I'm not paying astronomical amounts just to watch only live tennis and highlight reels.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: ASB Classic

@Kitty8 wrote:

That a shame wanted to watch the Emma Raducanu match tomorrow, I have just signed up for sky sports on NOW tv to watch the tennis, not the coverage I was hoping for. Thank you for replying

@Kitty8  according to the below link, your in luck as Sky Sports (and hence, NOW Tv) will be showing Emma's return...

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/13039459/emma-raducanu-confident-ahead-of-return-at-auck...

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

@SKY1992bf has the main draw started all ready?.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Trips+out wrote:

@SKY1992bf has the main draw started all ready?.

@Trips+out  At the time of writing I thought not but the program description for tonight's coverage says day 2

but given the time difference and the fact that it's New Year's Eve I'm confused myself as to what 1st January means in the links below 

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/13012276/atp-tour-calendar-2024-dates-events-schedule-fo...

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/13013666/wta-tour-calendar-2024-dates-events-schedule-fo...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

@SKY1992bf  I get why it is confusing we need to find out when sky sports team will be on air?.

This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

Thanks very much for the info about Discovery plus. I hadn't realised that it could be used to watch AO.

I'll sign up to that in a couple of weeks for the Open... It's an expensive job this isn't it!

I've only got apps and I've never had sky so I am a bit out of my depth to be honest but I've learnt how to cast my tablet to my TV this morning so I'm giving myself a gold star for that. I'd never heard of such a thing!

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: ASB Classic

@Kitty8 I believe this weeks tennis is on Sky Sports Mix 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@tennisfan wrote:

Thanks very much for the info about Discovery plus. I hadn't realised that it could be used to watch AO.

I'll sign up to that in a couple of weeks for the Open... It's an expensive job this isn't it!

I've only got apps and I've never had sky so I am a bit out of my depth to be honest but I've learnt how to cast my tablet to my TV this morning so I'm giving myself a gold star for that. I'd never heard of such a thing!

Just don't cast it in the canal.... You never know what you might pick up! 😛

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by NYA42924 This message was authored by: NYA42924

Disgusted with Sky securing a 5 year contract for WTA and ATP tennis from 2024. Unfortunately Amazon

Disgusted that Amazon Prime lost the deal to cover wta and atp tennis for 2024 because sky aren't capable of covering tennis for 5 years. I can't watch any tennis now because there's no coverage from Sky so I cancelled my sky sports subscription today. Complete useless service from Sky to me it's all about the money in the Bank but not service to tennis fans.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Disgusted with Sky securing a 5 year contract for WTA and ATP tennis from 2024. Unfortunately Am

@NYA42924 wrote:

Disgusted that Amazon Prime lost the deal to cover wta and atp tennis for 2024 because sky aren't capable of covering tennis for 5 years

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/12981654/sky-sports-to-show-exclusive-atp-wta-tennis-wit...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

Re: Disgusted with Sky securing a 5 year contract for WTA and ATP tennis from 2024. Unfortunately Am

I think Amazon didn't bid for the tennis rights. Such a shame, great service!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@EYPATTY wrote:

Does anyone know which sky  channel tennis will be shown in 24 and whether it will be dedicated channel

Correct because it was a big money loser for them. The only tennis competitions that are capable of drawing in viewers and thus decent money for broadcasters are the 4 majors.

Sky likely got the rights because it helps fills hole in the sports schedules (and does supplement the Us open rights they have), Plenty of sports are used as schedule fillers on all the sports channels.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion