Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@oj01 wrote:

@MRY-20 wrote:

I'm a sky customer (18 yrs) but only interested in tennis, so not interested in watching other sports (ie Sky channel), I would happily pay for the tennis channel only, but I feel unfair having to pay for sky sport (that include other sports) when I'm not interested!. Waste of money... any solution?

I don't know if it's changed or if it's the same across all platforms but, historically, you've been able to subscribe to single Sports channels. 

Single Sports channels are available on sky plus and Q by phoning sky only 

as it currently stands glass/stream requires the complete sky Sports package there is no single channel option 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Dannyboy112 wrote:

Amazon Prime have pulled out and we tennis fans don't want a big gap JUST IN THE UK in coverage when tournaments are constant right between now and November 2024.

Not happy.

Presumably the Amazon experiment in live sports didn't get them the results they wanted, given they've also dropped PL football from the next renewal. Coverage isn't mandatory: at the end of the day it's there to make money for the event owner and the broadcasting / streaming platform.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by zorro This message was authored by: zorro

tennis coverage

well well we are used to being able to pick the matches we want to watch first match from australia what do we get 2russian girls for first match when there is an australian playing at same time we were used th brilliant coverage on prime thankfully i have taken out monthly as if this is all we are going to get is matches decided by sky then i will be switching off my subscription at the end of the month we only took sky out for the tennis 

This message was authored by Ryanbcfc1 This message was authored by: Ryanbcfc1

Watch any live match of Tennis On Sky Sports

Hi,

I have sky stream and watching the live WTA tennis in Brisbane on sky sports main event/mix.

But how do I watch any of the other current live games from Brisbane?

From memory when Sky announced the tennis deal it said there would be 4000 live matches. But how do you access them and not just the one shown on the channel?

Thanks 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: tennis coverage

@zorro wrote:

well well we are used to being able to pick the matches we want to watch first match from australia what do we get 2russian girls for first match when there is an australian playing at same time we were used th brilliant coverage on prime thankfully i have taken out monthly as if this is all we are going to get is matches decided by sky then i will be switching off my subscription at the end of the month we only took sky out for the tennis 

To be fair it is the match the tournament has put on the no.1 court and Andreeva is of interest for tennis fans being one of the new young up and coming stars being just 16. Don't know what happening to be born in Russia has to do with anything either.

I do agree though that I preferred the coverage and quality that Amazon Prime created for the tennis. Hoping sky sports get to grips with it soon. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Cookie17 This message was authored by: Cookie17

Tennis on sky sports

Hi sky community 

I've been watching the tennis sky sports coverage, and very disappointed with the coverage. I was really hoping they would cover the tennis like prime video did, and give you the option of which match you wanted to watch or tournament. 
does anyone know whether sky sports coverage will improve? and if they have plans to give more match options soon? 
I prefer to watch specific WTA players and worried I won't able to watch them at all. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Watch any live match of Tennis On Sky Sports

@Ryanbcfc1 @Cookie17 @zorro 

I've moved your posts into a thread already discussing this topic. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

@TimmyBGood 

Amazon prime offered on demand/catch up matches, so do Eurosport/discovery during the Australian and French open as do BBC for Wimbledon. These all allow you to watch multiple matches/streams - not just the one live linear channel match Sky's Brisbane tournament service seems to provide.  When most matches are between midnight and 8 am - as they will be in Australia - just offering live coverage of one match isn't sufficient.

Sky's tennis costs 2-4 times as much as Amazon did for a much more limited offering which only supports live coverage - with no catch up so you if two good matches are on at once in different events/courts you can't want the second later.

Sky's tennis coverage is like watching tennis on tv in 2004 - not 2024.  Why can't it evolve - and offer what BBC, Discovery+/Eurosport and yes Amazon have been offering for years?

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Tennis on sky sports

@Cookie17 wrote:

Hi sky community 

does anyone know whether sky sports coverage will improve? and if they have plans to give more match options soon? 

I'd suggest waiting until March when the dedicated Tennis channel is rumoured to be starting.

But, I wouldn't be confident of it mirroring the same level of coverage that it seems you got on Amazon. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Potentially it isn't as cost effective to run multi-match support and it may only be available for the big opens Sky are showing.

Whilst Amazon's coverage was more comprehensive they lost a lot of money when they paid for the rights likely the reason they no longer have it.

A lot of sports Sky buy the rights too are just designed to fill the schedule rather than sports they infend on investing lots of money into. I believe the tennis was a multi year deal so potentially it's something that comes later once they determine the market and this potential profitability of the extra investment required.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Kitty8 This message was authored by: Kitty8

ASB Classic

Are any showing the ASB matches on NOW tv sport

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Can someone please help me to understand sky press release regarding this tennis deal. Sky Sports' coverage will be led by presenter Gigi Salmon, alongside Tim Henman and Laura Robson who will offer their expert analysis and insights across the two tours, with Jonathan Overend on the match commentary. Where is the presenter, experts and Jonathan Overend on commentary?.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: ASB Classic

Now TV has their own community help forum @Kitty8 here:

https://community.nowtv.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Google suggest this is tennis

A schedule of tennis coming up on sky sports is

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tennis-on-sky

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Kitty8 This message was authored by: Kitty8

That a shame wanted to watch the Emma Raducanu match tomorrow, I have just signed up for sky sports on NOW tv to watch the tennis, not the coverage I was hoping for. Thank you for replying

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion