Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by MartyandNunu This message was authored by: MartyandNunu

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Coverage is better now with options on the red button.

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

@Ayinke I guess by CatchUp matches you probably mean OnDemand - ones which were not covered on the Sky Sports Tennis channel so could not be recorded

The seems to be some confusion about the terms CatchUp and OnDemand but I understand that CatchUp is normally used for programs which were broadcast on a live channel.

When we got them ALL on Prime as replays it was great - much easier to plan viewing.

This message was authored by tonyp17 This message was authored by: tonyp17

@MartyandNunu 

One of many issues with the red button is that it is no use for matches played overnight in the UK nor if there is more that 1 match you would like to watch.

Sky are so far behind with their service and the commentators seem to be blind to the weaknesses.

It continues to disappoint.

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Now almost through ⅓ of the year & 2 of the big tournaments so a reasonable time to summarize Sky’s offering of tennis and the comparison must be with Prime ( previous ATP Tour ) and  Discovery+ & BBC ( currently for 3 of the 4 Grand Slams ).

On the positive side, compared to Prime, Sky are covering Women’s matches and more tournaments.

The big negative is the very poor offering of full match replays. Of the 90 mens singles matches played to date at Miami, only 12 are available ( in CatchUp ) - there are no OnDemand replays of any of the matches not originally screened on the Sky Sports Tennis channel.

Unfortunately, despite the positives, it is this big negative feature that will damn Sky in the eyes of most tennis fans.

Sky have said many times that the system will evolve over the year - this is the area they now need to address if they wish to be viewed favorably by tennis fans.

This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@PhilHampson-Sky by the way Prime covered all the Women's matches to and women only tournaments as I watched a lot of them

This message was authored by RW62XXX This message was authored by: RW62XXX

Rubbish. My wife followed the LTA tournaments especially the doubles. On prime you could choose to watch when you wanted and to  follow pairs through the tournament. Sky only want to show live coverage and old school watch what is on. I thought we had left this old technology behind with modern streaming if what you want to watch when you want to watch it! Such a shame tennis TV only does the men's and there is no WTA equivalent. A great let down by sky! 

@Bubblesjs Apologies. Yes Prime did  cover Women's toutnament - how quickly one forgets. I was thinking of TennisTV who don't.

However, the bread of coverage of both Men's & Women's tournaments was slightly narrower than Sky is currently covering. - however poor compensation for lack of replays.

This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@PhilHampson-Sky  I subscribed to Sky Tennis 10 days ago - and have been watching it on my phone as its taken me 3 weeks to get a Sky Q installation date - which was this morning. 

Suffice to say they couldn't even keep their appointment and kept me waiting till 5pm so I shall be looking for a refund on my subscription as who knows when  I will get my Q box, and as the app does not work on my laptop or mini tablet - it is useless. 

This message was authored by Jenlovestennis This message was authored by: Jenlovestennis

Re: Tennis Channel

I completely agree with Hardes. I will just rely on my brilliant tennis app TNNS which shows live scores and highlights from all tournaments, then sign up for Discovery+ for the majors. I just hope Sky doesn't get its greedy little hands on the majors as well. Sky certainly won't get me as a customer (even though I can afford it, I don't approve of the tactics)

This message was authored by Jenlovestennis This message was authored by: Jenlovestennis

Re: Tennis Channel

I am completely with you Daniele! I'm a huge tennis fan and am outraged that I can no longer watch on Amazon Prime (also with the great presenters). Like you, and many other tennis folk, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in any other sport and will NOT be rewarding Sky with my custom. Also see my answer just now to a more recent post on this.

Hi @Bubblesjs 

Not sure why you tell me about your bad SkyQ installation experience. In fact, although I had to wait longer than I would have wished last Aug. for mine, they did come as scheduled and were very efficient with the installation. In general, I am well pleased with the SkyQ system.

Incidentally, if you want some free tennis on the web, which you can watch on a variety of platforms  ( I watch on my TV via my  Firestick ) then the ATP site has live Challenger Level matches ( Challenger TV ).

This message was authored by Alex_F This message was authored by: Alex_F

Yes but you can't record red button matches so it's very limited

This message was authored by Seajay58 This message was authored by: Seajay58

Tennis channel in web browser

Does anyone know why you cannot watch the sky tennis channel in a web browser. 

I was trying to watch the Miami men's semi final between Medvedev and Sinner today and could only find it on the app on my phone. 

I don't understand why I cannot find it on the sky website.

Generally the Sky tennis coverage is terrible compared to Amazon or Eurosport/Discovery + or Tennis TV

Unfortunately Sky now has tennis fans over a barrell.   🙁

Thanks

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Tennis channel in web browser

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Seajay58  No Sky channels are availble on any web browser, you need to use the correct devices those being Sky+HD, Sky Q, Sky Glass/stream, Sky Sports app and Sky Go.

Not sure why you'd think you cpould watch on a web browser as th s has never been the case for any of Sky's channel portfolio.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Tennis channel in web browser

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Seajay58 

Whilst you can not watch via a web browser you can watch the tennis channel via the desktop app which you will be prompted to install after selecting a channel here:

https://www.skysports.com/watch

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion