Discussion topic: Sky’s Programmme Guide is Not Fit For Purpose

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Sky’s Programmme Guide is Not Fit For Purpose

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nardini+N wrote:

I'm not in a state of any kind. Just mildly irritated and looking for an improvement to an otherwise marvellous offering. I've been a Sky customer for 23 years.  They offer a brilliant service and their customer support is superb.

@Nardini+N  fair enough, though I don't know what more improvement you desire on the following...

DSC_0361.jpg

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nardini+N 

Also worth noting that C4 benefits from the existing regulation of EPGs by having that 104 slot (although it's S4C in Wales).  101 to 105 are reserved for Public Service channels in all regulated EPGs: that's a requirement of the Broadcasting Code and overseen by Ofcom, and is why we don't see Sky (or Virgin) content at the top of the channel lists on their  respective proprietary delivery platforms.

9. EPG providers must ensure that the five national general entertainment PSB channels (BBC1, BBC2, Channel 3 services, Channel 4 and Channel 5) are listed in the first 5 slots of  the EPG, so that BBC1 is in the first slot, BBC2 is in the second slot, Channel 3 is in the third slot, Channel 4 is in the fourth slot (except where paragraph 10 applies), and Channel 5 is in the fifth slot.

10. In respect of EPGs that provide a regionalised version for Wales, EPG providers must ensure that S4C is listed in the fourth slot on the regionalised version. Accordingly, in such cases the requirement in paragraph 9 that Channel 4 is in the fourth slot does not apply. Instead, EPG providers must ensure that Channel 4 is listed in a slot that is no lower than the eighth slot of the regionalised version of the EPG.

11. EPG providers must ensure that the nations’ PSB channels (S4C, BBC Alba and BBC Scotland) are listed in a slot that is no lower than the twenty fourth slot of the EPG. This requirement applies to the listing of S4C, BBC Alba and BBC Scotland on UK-wide EPGs, and to the listing of BBC Alba and BBC Scotland on EPGs providing a regionalised version for Scotland.

12. EPG providers must ensure that the other national channel (BBC4) is listed in a slot that is no lower than the twenty fourth slot of the EPG.

"Code of practice on electronic programme guides" (pdf) 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Nardini+N
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nardini+N This message was authored by: Nardini+N

All I want is the Sky Q home page to be a representative compendium of upcoming programming, especially when it comes to programmes featured under 'Sports'. BBC programmes are flagged, and like C4, the BBC is not a sports-only broadcaster. So why exclude C4? The England qualifying games are major broadcast events and should appear on merit. Excluding them from the homepage seems disingenuous,  most especially as the majority of Sky customers  (myself included) plan and watch all their TV via the Sky interface. We are paying hefty subscriptions, after all. 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Nardini+N wrote:

All I want is the Sky Q home page to be a representative compendium of upcoming programming, especially when it comes to programmes featured under 'Sports'. BBC programmes are flagged, and like C4, the BBC is not a sports-only broadcaster. So why exclude C4? The England qualifying games are major broadcast events and should appear on merit. Excluding them from the homepage seems disingenuous,  most especially as the majority of Sky customers  (myself included) plan and watch all their TV via the Sky interface. We are paying hefty subscriptions, after all. 

It may well depend on how C4 flag the data when sending it through to Sky. If they haven't flagged it as live football, then Sky won't know about it. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I'm in Ireland so the channel 4 matches are blocked here.

But I go to Sports, it gives me Gaa on Tg4  in the top section of "Live Sports this week" in the top section.

When the tennis player got to the us open final and channel 4 was showing it, you couldn't miss it as it was the first thing on the Home screen.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion