Discussion topic: Sky from France

This message was authored by Saveilles16240 This message was authored by: Saveilles16240

Sky from France

Hi there,

I now live permanently in France. Is it possible to subscribe from France and paying from France?

Many thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky from France

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not directly from Sky. They provide services only to the UK and ROI. I don't know if there's a local provider who might carry some Sky channels

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Not directly from Sky. They provide services only to the UK and ROI. I don't know if there's a local provider who might carry some Sky channels

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Saveilles16240 

Unfortunately Broadcast rights have always been allocated in tightly controlled territories & all the major companies throughtout Europe doing their best to ensure their products are only availble in the territory that they have rights for.    

SKY have always been tight on this and there is no legitimate way to subscribe from outside the UK or Ireland for the UK/Irish channels

As you probably know probably most of the shows will be dubbed when on the French channels - I don't think many Entertainment shows do get broadcast in  English aka V.O.(Version Originale)  there - although Canal + and the other major film channels usually offer the Films in V.O

A couple of reports I have read imply that France may get HBO Max earlier than it would be availble in the UK - but even so I don't think it is iminent there

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Saveilles16240  Canal Plus are the pay TV operators for France so you would need to subscribe through them.

There are of course a number of FTA News channels in English, Arte sometimes has programes with English Sound tracks on them,  but mostly they are all French language (dubbed or native)  https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Canal---France.html

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

I know you could use Sky Go from France but brexit put paid to that.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@trevforum wrote:

I know you could use Sky Go from France but brexit put paid to that.

But that would require a uk residential tv subscription first 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion