Discussion topic: Paramount Plus Scream 5

This message was authored by B+L This message was authored by: B+L

Re: Paramount Plus Scream 5

Well it's now the 30th of July and although it was advertised as being on Paramount plus on the 29th there is no sign on it on Sky (the banner at the bottom of the intro page to sky shows the picture for Scream 2022 (Scream 5)  when you click on it, it takes you to Scream 1998.  

Where is the New Scream on Paramount Plus?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@B+L wrote:

Well it's now the 30th of July and although it was advertised as being on Paramount plus on the 29th there is no sign on it on Sky (the banner at the bottom of the intro page to sky shows the picture for Scream 2022 (Scream 5)  when you click on it, it takes you to Scream 1998.  

Where is the New Scream on Paramount Plus?

Are you a SKY Q or SKy + User ?

On SKy Q via the Paramount + App & elsewhere  via the App or Browser login, Scream 2020 (aka Scream 5) is there - although I haven't actually watched it to make sure it is that film

This message was authored by nutelladay This message was authored by: nutelladay

@B+L - I have the exact same problem on my Sky HD box, very frustrating. The banner on the home page links to the original movie, and it's not listed at all on the Paramount plus pages. 

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

Most of Sky's press about Paramount seemed to suggest that Sky and Now customers would still have access to 'brand new Paramount blockbusters' much like Clifford and Jackass Forever both of which have either debuted or are going to debut on Sky/Now Cinema across all platforms so it's indeed curious that Scream hasn't been treated the same given it seems to be a P+ release only so far. 

Even then I'd expect it to be available to Plus customers so unless Paramount have so negotiated for it to be exclusive to their app and D2C services only, I can only imagine it to be an oversight. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

@nigea99 Im on Sky HD,

I clicked on the Scream picture (which is the picture/poster/advert for Scream 2022 and then started downloading the movie and started watching the movie as soon as it was available and found that it was the original Scream 1998 (even though the picture for it is clearly Scream 2022).

Im a bit disillusioned with both Paramount Plus & Sky's connection with them, that they are advertising movies that you cant seem to watch.  Its a fairly poor and useless service, and makes them both look incompetent in a digital world, where they cant even advertise or show the correct movie.

This message was authored by ASL This message was authored by: ASL

According to Sky Help on twitter. It isn't available for Sky HD+ subscribers.  Only Sky Q or glass. 

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1553416555341520904?t=5DUVcrXdzklbzW6YO7ip8Q&s=19

@ASL wrote:

According to Sky Help on twitter. It isn't available for Sky HD+ subscribers.  Only Sky Q or glass. 

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1553416555341520904?t=5DUVcrXdzklbzW6YO7ip8Q&s=19

Personally I suspect that is 'knee-jerk' response from SKY support and that it will become properly availble when those responsible for the content can get it sorted which may take a couple or more days

Please can I suggest that it is also reported to  viewerR@sky.uk  so they can pass on to the correct team(s) to get it progressed.

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

I'm a bit curious about what is happening with Scream.

All of the Paramount info given by Sky has indicated that their brand new (presumably theatrical) movies would still be available to NOW customers as well - and that seems to be the case with Jackass 4 and Clifford... yet Scream didn't get a formal Sky Cinema release (which is a shame as I was hoping for a 4K version) and it appears unavailable to NOW and SKY+ customers as well... it may well be that it's going to be exclusive to their platform but even then sort of silly to put it up on the Sky+ UI and not be available to those customers!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by nutelladay This message was authored by: nutelladay

Thanks for sharing @ASL - although this is disappointing considering Sky advertises Paramount + as a feature available to sky cinema subscribers. Not sure why the content is different.

@B+L wrote:

@nigea99 Im on Sky HD,

I clicked on the Scream picture (which is the picture/poster/advert for Scream 2022 and then started downloading the movie and started watching the movie as soon as it was available and found that it was the original Scream 1998 (even though the picture for it is clearly Scream 2022).

Im a bit disillusioned with both Paramount Plus & Sky's connection with them, that they are advertising movies that you cant seem to watch.  Its a fairly poor and useless service, and makes them both look incompetent in a digital world, where they cant even advertise or show the correct movie.

My guess that it is set-up gremlins & that the film will become available. 

I know it is not as good a service for SKY + /HD users but I think most key content will be made available - it may just take a little time for the processes to be 'tuned' to ensure a swift, reliable release via the SKY + platform

Thanks I just sent that email address the following email. Suggest others do the same. Got a reply saying they will respond within 3 working days.

Hi there,

Please could you confirm if the movie Scream (2022) will be available on Sky+HD (to Sky Cinema subscribers)?

The banner at the bottom of the tv guide homepage shows the picture for the film Scream 2022 (Scream 5) when you click on it, it takes you to Scream 1996. (See jpeg attachments).

Also to note if you decide to watch Scream (1996) on Sky HD it skips to the end, rolls credits then jumps back to the correct place at 28 mins.

The Sky Help team on twitter seem to think that Scream (2022) is only available to Sky Q /glass customers:

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1553414733100974082?t=y2sAX1rECKdGzG9ZnjMOPg&s=19

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1553416555341520904?t=h6kK7sZBm0fa2qLtThzAXw&s=19

Paramount+ have said the film is streaming on their service since yesterday:

https://twitter.com/ParamountPlusUK/status/1552987301747253252?t=tX-sBDmcerRIfy4_8NSEXQ&s=19

And the Sky website seems to think that it would be available from 25 July:

https://www.sky.com/watch/paramount-plus

Please could you clarify the situation with Scream (2022) and correct the issue with Scream (1996).

Thanks.

Kind regards,

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I wouldn't take that as an answer as you more likely to get an actual answer from the Viewer Relations team as they are the people that deal with all programming enquiries so are more likely to give the correct answer as to what is happening. My guess is it will be added for Sky+ customers next week after all a few episodes of various shows like Star Trek were two days late this week for reasons unknown for Sky+ customers but were eventually added.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Yes, well I pay enough for Sky HD and the Movie Channels, so I wouldnt expect that Sky Q customers would get a better Paramount Plus service than Sky HD & Sky Movie customers.

So I would hope that Scream 2022 would be available soon.

We need more movies, as (without any notification, that I saw)  Sky Premier channel dropped their movie count from 1 a day (7 NEW MOVIES A WEEK) to  1 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (3 NEW MOVIES A WEEK), so less than HALF NEW MOVIES A WEEK but still the SAME PRICE.

I can now download Scream (2022) on sky+hd!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion