Discussion topic: Making package changes

This message was authored by Ali- This message was authored by: Ali-

Making package changes

Hello,

Anyone else logged into the sky go to make changes to there package only to get a message to says they are having technical issues, please try later ... and you just keep getting that for days! Yet if you select 'upgrade' that works perfectly fine( how convenient) I have the whole package and want to remove what we don't use anymore ( as it's getting ridiculous, the cost of it now) and I REALLY don't want to sit on the phone for ages waiting to get through then explain why I want these changes. I removed the kids ( now mine are fully grown) a few years ago no problem. Just seems like they may have taken that option away on purpose to stop people removing what they don't want to pay for. 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Making package changes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ali-  I presum you mean the MySky app as Sky Go doesn't allow changes.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I didn't know there was such an option in Sky Go.

There are several ways you can do this, including a messaging option available via the 'need more help' at the bottom of the page here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/your-account/my-account-and-subscription/cancelling/cancel-my-subscrip...

Ali-
Topic Author

Yeah, go into help more , manage account then you have upgrade or make changes ( downgrade) that's how I've done it in the past. Don't have to spend time you don't have on the phone for ages just to do simple upgrade/ downgrade.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

That is on the MySky app isn't it and not Sky Go ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Ali-
Topic Author

Also that link is for cancelling .. I don't want to cancel, the option for 'making changes ' is on the link where it tells you to go to my sky which if you do you can't make changes because the option is conveniently not working only the upgrade is! 

Ali-
Topic Author

on MySky 

Ali-
Topic Author

Sorry my mistake. Just noticed I put Sky Go on my main post ... I meant MySky

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Ali- wrote:

Also that link is for cancelling .. 

I know. You can use it for downgrading too.

This message was authored by JEFF1102 This message was authored by: JEFF1102

I have not been able to access this for nearly two weeks now. I have had to call Sky to upgrade or downgrade. Really annoying when the automated voice says no need to call us. Simply go to My Sky or Sky.com and you can add or remove packs from there. No I can't. And it looks like this wont be fixed for some time.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@JEFF1102 wrote:

I have not been able to access this for nearly two weeks now. I have had to call Sky to upgrade or downgrade. Really annoying when the automated voice says no need to call us. Simply go to My Sky or Sky.com and you can add or remove packs from there. No I can't. And it looks like this wont be fixed for some time.

@JEFF1102 

Sky have never made it possible to remove packages online as they want the customer to call up (if I was being cynical, to presumably try to persuade them to keep a package or take another package).

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@Doc5907  Not true. With Sky Stream and presumably Glass you can remove packs. I assume you have Sky Q. I have actually removed packs a few times since getting Stream. I removed Ad Skipping but it goes off the day before next billing even if it's less than 30 days. Then you can add back if you want. This is why it's so frustrating that this is currently not working. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@JEFF1102 wrote:

@Doc5907  Not true. With Sky Stream and presumably Glass you can remove packs. I assume you have Sky Q. I have actually removed packs a few times since getting Stream. I removed Ad Skipping but it goes off the day before next billing even if it's less than 30 days. Then you can add back if you want. This is why it's so frustrating that this is currently not working. 

Yes, sorry, I was referring to Sky Q

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

I was quite surprised when I first got Stream that it was so easy to remove packs. It's so much better (when it works!) 

Ali-
Topic Author

I've got Sky Q and I've removed packages before so you can do it with sky Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion