Discussion topic: Golf, who plays next?

This message was authored by Martin+M+98 This message was authored by: Martin+M+98

Golf, who plays next?

When Schauffle drove into the water , why did McIlroy ( who was near the green) play first?

Thank you

Martin

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Golf, who plays next?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Martin+M+98 

Unfortunately you aren't actually talking to anyone from sky here, it is mainly customer to customer forum

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Martin+M+98  The only thing within the rules I could find of relevance is below 

Exception – Playing Out of Turn by Agreement to Save Time: To save time:

• The player may invite the opponent to play out of turn or may agree to the opponent's request to play out of turn.
  • If the opponent then makes the stroke out of turn, the player has given up the right to cancel the stroke.

this would be the logical explanation given that Schauffle would have to go through the process of a drop ball after hitting the water 

it might be the completely wrong explanation for the actual situation in question but it's the only one I could find 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

When Schauffle drove into the water , why did McIlroy ( who was near the green) play first?

Thank you

Martin

@Martin+M+98 

You could have put a Spoiler alert on your daft question...

I have recorded both the semi finals and final but no point in watching the semis now as you've stated the finalists 🙄

Spol.JPG

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@Doc5907  unless I'm completely missing something I see no mention of the final result within the thread 

edit: ignore me I've worked out how you have identified the finalists 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Martin+M+98
Topic Author
This message was authored by Martin+M+98 This message was authored by: Martin+M+98

No idea how anybody could guess the finalists from the original question

Also am surprised to have only seen one answer to the original question.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

Possibly because this isn't a Golf forum?

I'm assuming if someone drives into water they have to wait for a tow truck to pull them out again.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

No idea how anybody could guess the finalists from the original question

@Martin+M+98 It took me awhile to work out how @Doc5907 did, but its quite simple

anyone who knew the semi final draw but not the results would know who had reached the final from your original question

Martin+M+98
Topic Author

I am really sorry if my question gave away the finalists!?

But purely out of interest, how does the knowledge that Schauffle drove into the water at one hole in the quarterfinal tell you who the finalists are going to be (or even the semi finalists for that matter)?

Regards ....

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

But purely out of interest, how does the knowledge that Schauffle drove into the water at one hole in the quarterfinal tell you who the finalists are going to be (or even the semi finalists for that matter)?

@Martin+M+98 ,  if somebody knew the semi draw (but not the results) they would already know rory and schauffle were in opposing semi finals , your question revealed the fact  they both lost there respective semi and played each other in the 3rd place play off (the game in which the ball dropped into water)

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

@Martin+M+98 ,  if somebody knew the semi draw (but not the results) they would already know rory and schauffle were in opposing semi finals , your question revealed the fact  they both lost there respective semi and played each other in the 3rd place play off (the game in which the ball dropped into water)

Actually I wrongly assumed they both had reached the final and was a little disappointed Rory didn't win his semi (so I wasn't really interested in watching the final in the end😅 )

No worries @Martin+M+98 , apologies for being a bit harsh.. ✌️

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Martin+M+98
Topic Author

All is revealed!

The water incident took place in the quarter final v  Schauffele

- who is not to be confused with Scheffler

...but easily done!

@Martin+M+98 wrote:

All is revealed!

The water incident took place in the quarter final v  Schauffele

- who is not to be confused with Scheffler

...but easily done!

Ahh damn sorry...my bad... I always get Schauffele and Scheffler mixed up 😅

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion