Discussion topic: Emirates FA Cup on TNT Sports - Paywall and Free-to-Air Options?

This message was authored by RileyBSL This message was authored by: RileyBSL

Emirates FA Cup on TNT Sports - Paywall and Free-to-Air Options?

Hi everyone,

I remember seeing news a few months ago about the Emirates FA Cup moving to TNT Sports for the 2025-26 season onwards. While I'm excited about potentially more matches being shown, it seems like we'll need a subscription to watch them.

My questions are:

• With the FA Cup going behind a paywall on TNT Sports, will there be a free-to-air broadcaster showing any of the matches?
  • If so, has a free-to-air channel been announced yet?

The FA Cup is a national competition, and I'm curious about the decision to place it behind a paywall. Does anyone have any insights into this?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Emirates FA Cup on TNT Sports - Paywall and Free-to-Air Options?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RileyBSL  Unofficial media reports say bbc has secured a deal with tnt to be the free to air partner, but still waiting an official announcement 

as for the decision to put it behind the paywall it's down to the simple fact that money talks 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Even if a game or two from each round is made available free to air, you can be certain it's unlikely to be any of the top matches.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@RileyBSL wrote:

The FA Cup is a national competition, and I'm curious about the decision to place it behind a paywall. Does anyone have any insights into this?

I think Tnt offered a lot more money than others and that is why

The only match in the fa Cup that is designated by law as free to air is the Final

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion