Discussion topic: Downhill

This message was authored by Limpit86 This message was authored by: Limpit86

Downhill

Hi. Not one to moan but is anyone else finding Sky less and less...worth the money? I have always had it and now it's mainly for the ease of use. Little things that I find poor is the HDR content. For example IOW Festival. 2019 is still on catch up and has an excellent pixture and sound. 2023 is in plain old HD. 

The films:  Used to be a lot better of a selection  and  we would watch 2/3 a week. Now it's about once a month. Maybe twice. 

When I speak to others they can't believe I am still paying for it and considering the cost they really need to do something to improve things in someway. I know they will never reduce the price but for anyone paying over £100 I despair for you  

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Downhill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Limpit86 

I'd observe that Sky has been under new ownership since 2018, and is now the European division of an American cable television company.

They are also operating in a very different marketplace to previous decades when they had an effective monopoly on content outside of the three/four/five terrestrial channels.

It appears that Comcast sees the future in aggregated online distribution rather than satellite broadcasting: whether that's viable at Sky subscription rates remains to be seen.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion