Discussion topic: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think the existing 'Documentary' and 'Documentary and Sports' tiers will continue.

But a new 'Premium' level tier will be added which will be need for TNT Sports.

They are not going to throw in channels which already cost £20-30pm.

@Super+Anthony wrote:

But my point is we get discovery plus and the sports for free for VIP customers so surely this will include TNT sports

I do agree I think we will have to still pay for it, but we shouldn't as it's on the same platform

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The Sport content available on discovery at the minute is basically Eurosport plus some stuff of a lower level to the current content on eurosport (stuff that they have rights to but as other stuff is live, can'tshow). This is just basically  available on the basic sky package.

TNT/BT is a premium sports package.

Regardless of whatever a guy on the phone said , it is extremely unlikely to be given to free to those with sky.

Because basic economies state that the rights to the Premier league cost too much.

If tnt content was free on discovery plus to sky customers, then there  will be a considerable drop off in paid subscribers to tnt sports.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@nolte wrote:

The Sport content available on discovery at the minute is basically Eurosport plus some stuff of a lower level to the current content on eurosport (stuff that they have rights to but as other stuff is live, can'tshow). This is just basically  available on the basic sky package.

TNT/BT is a premium sports package.

Regardless of whatever a guy on the phone said , it is extremely unlikely to be given to free to those with sky.

Because basic economies state that the rights to the Premier league cost too much.

If tnt content was free on discovery plus to sky customers, then there  will be a considerable drop off in paid subscribers to tnt sports.

So I am not the only one who realises this.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Not that  I am quite believing it.

This mentions TNT Sports will be available as part of the £6.99 entertainment +sports Discovery+ app tier, the one we have free with Sky now.

These guys do not normally make errors like this.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/tnt-sports-joins-discovery-all-you-need-to-know/

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

I find that website often makes errors, They aren't going to include something that's £29.99 currently with a £6.99 tier.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@lettice wrote:

This mentions TNT Sports will be available as part of the £6.99 entertainment +sports Discovery+ app tier, the one we have free with Sky now.

@lettice if thats true i'll eat humble pie because we know it is not

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Awesome news of true.

I know that if we pay for BT sports, it will automatically roll over to TNT sports on our bills with a Sky Q, but if it's included using the discovery plus app, then there won't be a need to pay for the TV channels, though I much prefer watching it on the TV, rather than app 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@lettice wrote:

Here's hoping it is true (though I'm still not getting glass).

Still doubtful though..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@lettice wrote:

taken from the article

"But from 18th July, Discovery+ subscribers will be able to access all four TNT Sports channels in the UK. This applies both to existing and new Discovery+ subscribers with the Entertainment + Sports pack, which currently costs £6.99 a month, but is subject to change."

note BIB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Corbusier wrote yesterday

• Once BT Sport becomes TNT Sports, with its streaming version moving under the Discovery+ umbrella – we will most likely see a bundled price of Discovery+ entertainment, Eurosport and TNT Sports.
  • Even now, with TNT Sports’ launch date fast approaching – BT and Warner Bros. Discovery are still declining to comment regarding pricing.
  • What happens with Discovery+ subscribers – and whether they’ll need to pay more for access to TNT Sports – remains to be seen.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/tnt-sports-channels-launch-details/

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by tyarwood This message was authored by: tyarwood

The Issue is that current subscribers that pay sky for BT sports do not get the BT Sport app included in the subscriptions so we are asking are we going to be getting the effective sports app free. Will we get the complete pack free with discovery plus. continually saying its just a name change is not actually answering any of the questions being asked on this forum.  

There are currently 2 tiers on the discovery plus app

Entertainment and entertainment + sport 

which package do sky subscribers get for free as under the Discovery account it says discovery plus from sky no mention of entertainment + sport.

Correct BT tried to pay for BT Sport through broadband subs and that lost them millions 

WBD dont have broadband connections to prop it up

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

VIP customers definitely get the entertainment and sport. Not sure for others

This was a tweet from Discovery Plus (in response to a person quoting what rxtv have said as link posted above)

• Hi David. Thanks for contacting discovery+ Support. Currently you have the standard package which includes the two Eurosports channels. TNT sports includes more sports, you'll need to purchase the premium package which will be available from the 18th of July. Thanks, Abdul.

https://twitter.com/discoveryplusUK/status/1676211962886193152?t=pNODEUQlw8eog7MweVYZPg&s=19

Also on the same thread

• Hi, thanks for reaching out. TNT Sports is replacing BT Sports, so if you already pay for this then you will have access to TNT Sports; however it is not included with the discovery+ Entertainment or discovery+ Entertainment & Sport packages. I hope this helps. ~James
  •  
---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion