Discussion topic: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Sorry my fault, misunderstood

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@djm70 wrote:

Hi

After BT Sports becaomes TNT Sports on the 18th July, according to reports, its content will also be available via Discovery+. Does this mean we won't have to susbscribe to TNT Sports anymore or will the free Discovery+ not include sports content? Or will free Discovery+ be no more?

Warner Bros, Discovery and BT have said that it's just a name change only*. 

TNT Sports will be added to Discovery+. This is all the information that is known for now. When the change happens, more information will become available. 

* Article from The Athletic with paywall removed: https://archive.is/20230223092434/https://theathletic.com/4237000/2023/02/21/bt-sport-tnt-sports-exp...

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

As per my previous message, that is the case and I spoke to sky and they have confirmed it. I asked if it would be free as it is going into Discovery plus, which as everyone knows is included in sky's package. The answer at this stage is they don't know. Hopefully Sky can provide an answer before the 18th

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

As per my previous message, that is the case and I spoke to sky and they have confirmed it. I asked if it would be free as it is going into Discovery plus, which as everyone knows is included in sky's package. The answer at this stage is they don't know. Hopefully Sky can provide an answer before the 18th

@Super+Anthony 

You have absolutely zero chance of TNT/BT sports being included for free as part of the Sky Discovery+ App but feel free to dream that it might be.. lol

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

The point is that it's part of discovery plus and we get that free. Even the person on the phone agreed with me

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

BT Sport costs something like £30/month. There is no way it is going to be bundled with Discovery+ at no extra cost.

TNT will be included on Discover plus app. As we get discovery plus included, then we should get it as well. As mentioned the person on the phone at Sky agreed

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

£6.99 is included for free with Sky, Do you really think TNT Sports will be included with the £6.99 tier for everyone?

You misunderstanding the point. TNT sports we have been informed will be included on the Discovery plus app, that therefore means as we have discovery plus included free then it should mean we will get TNT sports

Anyway not going to argue with u, let's see what happens 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Super+Anthony wrote:

TNT will be included on Discover plus app. As we get discovery plus included, then we should get it as well. As mentioned the person on the phone at Sky agreed

To be fair, they  may share your opinion, but it's not necessarily what will happen. As you say, we'll have to wait and see....

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@Super+Anthony wrote:

You misunderstanding the point. TNT sports we have been informed will be included on the Discovery plus app, that therefore means as we have discovery plus included free then it should mean we will get TNT sports

Anyway not going to argue with u, let's see what happens 

There's no need to wait, it simply isn't going to happen.  Warner Bros Discovery are in enough of a financial mess without giving away BT/TNT Sport at no cost to Discovery+ customers. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Super+Anthony wrote:

the person on the might have agreed with you but doesn't mean that they know exactly what will happen 

I agree with everyone else that the most likely scenario is that TNT will be an additional add on 

the sheer combined costs of all their premium sports rights (premier league, all UEFA European club competitions, MotoGP) simply just doesn't justify them bundling it with no additional costs to subscribers 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

But my point is we get discovery plus and the sports for free for VIP customers so surely this will include TNT sports

I do agree I think we will have to still pay for it, but we shouldn't as it's on the same platform

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Even the person on the phone agreed with me

Probably just to get you off the phone...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

I was actually on the phone for an hour or so and it was a very productive chat with the senior manager and spoke about a few things

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion