Discussion topic: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

This message was authored by djm70 This message was authored by: djm70

DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Hi

After BT Sports becaomes TNT Sports on the 18th July, according to reports, its content will also be available via Discovery+. Does this mean we won't have to susbscribe to TNT Sports anymore or will the free Discovery+ not include sports content? Or will free Discovery+ be no more?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@djm70  Not sure anyone will be able to provide details until Discovery release them, at present it's unknown how they will deal with this.  As per @Super+Anthony  reply safe to assume it continues as it is, treating at as a name change.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Basically it's just a name change. If you pay for BT sports via sky, you will automatically get TNT sports. Re discovery plus, is now available at no extra cost for Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus#:~:text=discovery%2B%20is%20now%20available%20at,.c....

djm70
Topic Author

@Super+Anthony  it doesn't appear you actually read my post so thanks for the waste of time

@GD1 cheers, I just wondered if someone had some inside information

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@djm70 you are correct everything from the bt sports app is moving over to discovery plus that bit has been confirmed

This is just my opinion nothing more, but given TNT holds premier league plus all uefa club competitions which are premium rights , I highly doubt it'll come with the free version of d+ 

my guess the current d+ will stay as is but with TNT Available has an add on or included if you subscribe to the tv channels 

again this is only my opinion and I have no inside knowledge 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Honestly I suspect that discovery paid too much for the premiership and other rights to roll it all into  and give it for free as an d adon for sky customers.

I expect that they would add another premium tier to the discovery plus app to include tnt sports.

The initial announcement said

• TNT Sports will present the live sports rights carried by BT Sport today, while Eurosport in the U.K & Ireland will continue to be available in the same way as it is today before being rolled into the new brand at some time in the future.

Shortly before the 2023/2024 football season, discovery+ will become the streaming home for sports fans who can enjoy a subscription that includes TNT Sports, Eurosport and entertainment in one destination

So it looks like three different elements to Discovery plus

But we don't know for sure until announcement made, likely when they start the promotion advertising drive in July to get subscribers for the 2023/2024 season.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

WBD head of international streaming has said it will tiered given the premium nature of sports in the portfolio

https://variety.com/2022/sports/global/warner-bros-discovery-bt-sport-jv-1235265074/

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@djm70 There was no need to be rude. I was only trying to help you, but I obviously misread your email or your email I read it the way I thought it was but never mind

djm70
Topic Author

I notice on the Discovery+ app, in the sports section, it says that TNT Sports is coming soon to Discovery+. Doesn't say what we're going to have to pay to get it though

If you already paying for BT sports on Sky, you will automatically get it. It's just a name change

Interesting as you say, as we get discovery plus included for free, does that mean TNT sports is free, or will it only work if you subscribe to TNT

Last week 'the guardian' wrote about how everything was unclear, even with a month to go to the rebrand 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/10/bt-sport-tnt-sports-champions-league-final-uk-websi...

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

But what is guaranteed is that if you are paying for BT sports now though Sky, it will automatically swap over. There is nothing one needs to do

please see below

Sky customers with BT Sport don't have to do anything, they'll automatically have access to TNT Sports channels when the change happens.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Super+Anthony wrote:

If you already paying for BT sports on Sky, you will automatically get it. It's just a name change

Interesting as you say, as we get discovery plus included for free, does that mean TNT sports is free, or will it only work if you subscribe to TNT

I fully expect to be a another sport tier

Not at this stage. As I mentioned you will still be paying for it if you are paying for BT sports. You will just be paying the same but to TNT. It's just a name change, but as you said I suspect there will be an increase at some stage

SuperAnthony wrote

• Not at this stage. As I mentioned you will still be paying for it if you are paying for BT sports.

What I think Timelord is referring to is for those who don't have BT Sports but may look to add Tnt sports to their Discovery plus account.

This was also what I was referring to last Sunday.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion