Discussion topic: Check your Scheduled Recordings

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

Check your Scheduled Recordings

I realise this is a bit late but you might want to check your Scheduled Recordings. I noticed that The Hit List which I had scheduled for today on BBC One has been moved over to BBC Two. However, this wasn't changed in my Scheduled Recordings list, I had to add it manually. A lot of BBC One programmes have been moved over to BBC Two tonight, so if you usually record any of them, check to see if you still have them scheduled.

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Check your Scheduled Recordings

@merv60 wrote:

I realise this is a bit late but you might want to check your Scheduled Recordings. I noticed that The Hit List which I had scheduled for today on BBC One has been moved over to BBC Two. However, this wasn't changed in my Scheduled Recordings list, I had to add it manually. A lot of BBC One programmes have been moved over to BBC Two tonight, so if you usually record any of them, check to see if you still have them scheduled.

Extending from this post, you can find more info here: https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/recordings-may-fail-as-schedules-continue-to-change

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Tonight's superman and Lois has moved to bbc2 for 4:40 (correction 4:50)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@merv60 wrote:

Yes a useful warning for many.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, Scheduled recordings  can't 'jump' channels  on either SKY or Freeview recorders so when programmes do switch between channels then unfortunately links won't work - as you have said needing to be set manually

@nigea99 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, Scheduled recordings  can't 'jump' channels  on either SKY or Freeview recorders so when programmes do switch between channels then unfortunately links won't work - as you have said needing to be set manually

@nigea99  agree I've got the first 12 episodes of s2 Superman & Lois stacked on bbc1 tonight's episode is in a single stack on bbc2 and no doubt the final two episodes will be stacked under bbc1 when they air

so I'm having to watch the first 12 episodes before next weekend so I don't get confused with where I am 

absolute nightmare 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Not just BBC. Home & Away (Ch 5) failed to record on Friday lunchtime. I have a suspicion that it aired at a different time and my box recorded whatever was aired in the original timeslot. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

@oj01 wrote:

Not just BBC. Home & Away (Ch 5) failed to record on Friday lunchtime. I have a suspicion that it aired at a different time and my box recorded whatever was aired in the original timeslot. 

@oj01  It was pulled altogether, at the moment I expect Fridays episode to show on Monday although no confirmation yet 

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/a41130635/home-and-away-channel-5-postponed-queen-dea... 

ncis la and swat are still airing tomorrow but at a different time slots

the capture is another one to check tomorrow still airing at 9pm at the moment 

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@oj01  It was pulled altogether, at the moment I expect Fridays episode to show on Monday although no confirmation yet 

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/a41130635/home-and-away-channel-5-postponed-queen-dea... 

@SKY1992bf That's doubly confusing as Friday's episode is available via Channel 5 Catch Up and the synopsis for Monday suggests that follows on from Friday's. 

Staying on Sky+HD

@SKY1992bf Thanks for that link referencing Eastenders. I'd not seen that that had been moved to BBC 2 on Thursday. I'd assumed that had been pulled completely too. 

Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

@nigea99  agree I've got the first 12 episodes of s2 Superman & Lois stacked on bbc1 tonight's episode is in a single stack on bbc2 and no doubt the final two episodes will be stacked under bbc1 when they air

so I'm having to watch the first 12 episodes before next weekend so I don't get confused with where I am 

absolute nightmare 

Why not download the rest of the episodes as they are available from BBC to download.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

I've always wondered why, if recordings can not go from one channel to another, do we get some many recordings canging channels on the BBC channels?

@nigea99 wrote:

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf That's doubly confusing as Friday's episode is available via Channel 5 Catch Up and the synopsis for Monday suggests that follows on from Friday's. 

@oj01  Beware if you haven't watched Friday episode of home and away as today's episode on channel 5 does follow on from it

so it looks like channel 5 have completely skipped airing Fridays episode on normal channel 5 as I had to watch it on my 5

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@oj01  Beware if you haven't watched Friday episode of home and away as today's episode on channel 5 does follow on from it

so it looks like channel 5 have completely skipped airing Fridays episode on normal channel 5 as I had to watch it on my 5

Thanks @SKY1992bf. Yeah, we'd already downloaded and watched it when we believed it had just failed to record.

Strange of Channel 5 to do that though, will catch a lot of people out, especially those that just tune in on a lunchtime to watch live. 

Staying on Sky+HD

@oj01  Check your scheduled recording for next episode of home and away which has moved to Tuesday 

my series link didn't pick it up from today's episode 

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01  Check your scheduled recording for next episode of home and away which has moved to Tuesday 

my series link didn't pick it up from today's episode 

Thanks @SKY1992bf. Strangely, mine has picked up Tuesdays episode. 

Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion