Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - September 2023

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - September 2023

This launches on 1st September will it be added to list thanks @Kirsty+S27 

IMG_0697.jpeg

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

It was listed in the August list as it was added on Wednesday 30th. 

This message was authored by AK334 This message was authored by: AK334

I very much doubt Love ThePlanet launch on freeview Entertainment Section, plus a few channel has been disappeared under 160, 173 and 188 slot removal last december. Might be a good idea to allow Sky EPG.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AK334 wrote:

Might be a good idea to allow Sky EPG.

The channels or their owners would need to approach Sky and strike a deal for them to added to the platform.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@AK3@34 wrote:

I very much doubt Love ThePlanet launch on freeview Entertainment Section, plus a few channel has been disappeared under 160, 173 and 188 slot removal last december. Might be a good idea to allow Sky EPG.

hi @AK334 

Launching on Freeview is not the same as via Satellite ( the free channels usually  known as Freesat).

Channels   are leaving Satellite due to the high costs involved

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

Citv still showing on sky tv guide but nothing broadcasting on it it shouldn't stil show maybe this and itv problem  but it did say on here closing yesterday @Kirsty+S27 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

Citv still showing on sky tv guide but nothing broadcasting on it it shouldn't stil show maybe this and itv problem  but it did say on here closing yesterday @Kirsty+S27 

@1Anonymous1  It does take awhile for closed channels to be removed from the epg after transmission has finished as it's not an instant process , it will most likely be sometime next week when it disappears 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Maybe just that it is a bit helpful to show people it has closed, rather than disappearing off the epg and then people wondering "why is citv missing?", then coming and complaining about citv missing from their epg on a tv service community forum.

Though possibly in thise case, it might be the weekend so it might be Monday when staff responsible for stations on the epg are available to remove it 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@nigea99 wrote:

@AK3@34 wrote:

hi @AK334 

Launching on Freeview is not the same as via Satellite ( the free channels usually  known as Freesat).

Appears to be FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) onto internet-connected Freeview boxes rather than broadcast Freeview anyway.

https://advanced-television.com/2023/08/08/love-tv-channels-on-freeview-via-channelbox/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@1Anonymous1 Yep, CITV is gone from channel 612 due to poor 'kids section', I see Moonbug has applied since June 2023 with ofcom rules. https://ustvgo.kissreport.com/moonbug-kids/

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your-licence/tv-broadcast-licences/updates

I agree Brat TV/+1/HD will actually be good, but Turner is closer than 610/1 to 613 Nickelodeon moving slowly at the moment.

http://www.dinamita.ro/canal/brat-tv-dinamita-65

This message was authored by lpile73 This message was authored by: lpile73

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

Hi. 

couldn't see if this has been posted anywhere else. But does anyone know when we will get more music channels on sky Stream ? Really do miss the Now music tv channels. 

thanks 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - August 2023

@lpile73 wrote:

Hi. 

couldn't see if this has been posted anywhere else. But does anyone know when we will get more music channels on sky Stream ? Really do miss the Now music tv channels. 

thanks 

@lpile73  That's a decision the individual channel owners need to make as to whether it's financially viable amongst other factors to do so 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Kirsty+S27 Now that discovery plus premium has launched for people who are on TNT sports with Sky, when should we be expecting the email, which apparently we should be receiving. Are you able to look into this for us at all? Is this possible please

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

@Super+Anthony Hi there, we can't share anything on the forum pre-release even if we do know the time frame. We'll post about it when we can 🙂

@Super+Anthony  Please see the last response provided b Sky Staff previously.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion