Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - June 2023

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - June 2023

Personally I can see Sky Glass getting phased out/quietly discontinued

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Sky glass was a disaster from day one and Sky got it badly wrong. Even someone from one of the teams told me that they admitted it was a mistake. Expecting customer to have to buy Sky owned TV, when there are better TVs out there was totally wrong

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Sky glass was a disaster from day one and Sky got it badly wrong. Even someone from one of the teams told me that they admitted it was a mistake. Expecting customer to have to buy Sky owned TV, when there are better TVs out there was totally wrong

A bit the Peacock UK "launch",,  turned out to be mistake (not that they will admit that) to launch it first place.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes @Timelord2018. I suspect Sky are trying to get people away from Q to Stream now? The future of TV is using streaming apps so Sky won't want to lose out 

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The "Great" channels are now on stream but I have not yet seen if they "record" in the playlist.

However I think they may be of little use unless the recording of whole films when there is a break in the middle has been sorted out.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@bob1234 wrote:

The "Great" channels are now on stream but I have not yet seen if they "record" in the playlist.

However I think they may be of little use unless the recording of whole films when there is a break in the middle has been sorted out.

No conclusive results yet, I put two films into the playlist, when I went to play them later one found the complete film in "Sky cinema" and the other in "Prime" so to watch them you would need the appropriate subscriptions. I don't think that anything on "Great" that is not available on anything else that Sky streams will work from the play list.

@Chloe-W22do we have any updates for next week?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Super+Anthony  The thread will be updated as & when the CM's can.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 I wasn't asking you the question and your name is not Chloe, who is always helpful and willing to respond

@Super+Anthony  This is a plublic  forum and shockingly you're going to get the public responding regardless of who you direct the question at.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Maybe you should be a bit more polite in your responses. Anyway I look forward to a response from Chloe as she is the one who will have any information, and is always very helpful, thank you @Chloe-W22 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Chloe-W22 is a little busy over the next few days, so there may be a delay in updating this thread.

@rscott wrote:

@Chloe-W22 is a little busy over the next few days, so there may be a delay in updating this thread.

Until at least Wednesday perhaps.

I know you trying to be helpful but you don't appear to work for Sky. Also there must be more than one person who works in @Chloe-W22 team. A big company like Sky ought and should have cover for all teams and staff. I don't believe there is not someone else. If this is the case then it's bad by the company and poor management

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@GD1 wrote:

@rscott wrote:

Until at least Wednesday perhaps.

@GD1 I would think so,  definately busy Monday and Tuesday

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion