Discussion topic: Can I get a common interface module for SKY TV that works with an AVTEX to

This message was authored by Yeovilton This message was authored by: Yeovilton

Can I get a common interface module for SKY TV that works with an AVTEX to

I have an AVTEX TV and it states that you can use a common interface module for you sky card, I believe that it might cost extra, but if you have a system that works without carting your sky box around then that would be good

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Can I get a common interface module for SKY TV that works with an AVTEX to

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yeovilton wrote:

I have an AVTEX TV and it states that you can use a common interface module for you sky card, I believe that it might cost extra, but if you have a system that works without carting your sky box around then that would be good

No, Sky do not use these in the UK market, you need to use their equipment to recieve encrypted channels, either Sky Q or Stream.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Yeovilton wrote:

No, Sky do not use these in the UK market, you need to use their equipment to recieve encrypted channels, either Sky Q or Stream.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Yeovilton 

SKY has always been very protective over it's encryption & gone out of its way to avoid CAMs

BTW we should also point out that SKY boxes should also only be used at the registered address & not used elsewhere - the SKY Go app is for use when away 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion