Discussion topic: BBC coverage of Queen’s Funeral

This message was authored by MikeJ17 This message was authored by: MikeJ17

BBC coverage of Queen’s Funeral

I would like to record the BBC coverage of the Queeen's Funeral as I will be travelling on Monday.  Sky's TV guide, while showing Sky's own coverage on multiple channels, does not list the BBC coverage.  Can anyone tell me why this is?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Re: BBC coverage of Queen’s Funeral

@Anonymous wrote:

@MikeJ17 wrote:

I would like to record the BBC coverage of the Queeen's Funeral as I will be travelling on Monday.  Sky's TV guide, while showing Sky's own coverage on multiple channels, does not list the BBC coverage.  Can anyone tell me why this is?

It's simply down to when the BBC push their EPG data and how long it takes for it to be pushed to EPG guides. I was going to suggest just record the day's programmes on BBC One, but as the schedule will change, these will fail.

I would suggest waiting until Sunday night and check the EPG again. If it's not updated by then, try again Monday morning before you leave.

However, if you want to be 100% sure you record it, you can schedule it now for record from Monday, 8am to 5pm on BBC Two. There is sign language on BBC Two if you don't mind that. 

Alternatively, you can record/watch it on any Sky channel* (including Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, E!, Pick, Challenge, Movies24, Movies24+).

ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and ITVBe  will be broadcasting it too. 

(* Sky Showcase and Sky News will be showing it 9am to 7pm,

Sky Arts 9am to 5pm and

all other Sky channels** from 10:30am to 1:30pm.

** excluding Sky Sports Box Office and Sky channels 899, 950, 996, 998 and 999)

More info: https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv-to-simulcast-all-channels-as-broadcasters-clear-schedules-for-the-queens-funeral

Also, don't forget, the BBC have to change 19 channel's EPG listings. There's 15 BBC One SD regions, and 4 BBC One HD regions.  It's going to take some time. Make sure to check the listings on BBC One regions on channel 951-968 and 977-979 as one of these channels may get updated sooner than your local BBC One on 101 or 115 and you could record one of these instead. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MikeJ17  The bbc have yet to supply sky the correct metadata to populate the epg

when it'll be sent across is a matter for bbc not sky 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

BBC Two is listed as showing it so if you need to set the recording now then you can do so on this channel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome  I don't think everyone's boxes have been populated properly yet as it's certainly not showing up on mine 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@MikeJ17 wrote:

It's simply down to when the BBC push their EPG data and how long it takes for it to be pushed to EPG guides. I was going to suggest just record the day's programmes on BBC One, but as the schedule will change, these will fail.

I would suggest waiting until Sunday night and check the EPG again. If it's not updated by then, try again Monday morning before you leave.

However, if you want to be 100% sure you record it, you can schedule it now for record from Monday, 8am to 5pm on BBC Two. There is sign language on BBC Two if you don't mind that. 

Alternatively, you can record/watch it on any Sky channel* (including Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, E!, Pick, Challenge, Movies24, Movies24+).

Sky Arts 9am to 5pm and

More info: https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv-to-simulcast-all-channels-as-broadcasters-clear-schedules-for-the-quee...

@Anonymous wrote:

@MikeJ17 wrote:

Sky Arts 9am to 5pm and

More info: https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/itv-to-simulcast-all-channels-as-broadcasters-clear-schedules-for-the-queens-funeral

Providing they are in the clear and don't require an active subscription (unless you have the necessary subscription already)

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MikeJ17 wrote:

Sky Arts 9am to 5pm and

Providing they are in the clear and don't require an active subscription (unless you have the necessary subscription already)

I think that's a little pedantic to be honest.

I mean, that could be for all of Sky branded, Sky owned, or Sky invested (i.e. Sky & A+E joint venture) channels with the exception of free-to-air channels like Sky Arts SD, Pick, Challenge, Sky News SD. 

For example, in the UK, Sky do offer "all the Freesat channels" where one gets a Sky Q box with no subscription with Sky Q Broadband and in Ireland, Sky offer a Sky Q Lite subscription where Irish free-to-air channels, such as those on Saorview (Irish freeview) are available. 

I didn't mention a subscription, because it wan't mentioned before, nor is it the topic of this post. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

@Anonymous wrote:

@MikeJ17 wrote:

Sky Arts 9am to 5pm and

Also, don't forget, the BBC have to change 19 channel's EPG listings. There's 15 BBC One SD regions, and 4 BBC One HD regions.  It's going to take some time. Make sure to check the listings on BBC One regions on channel 951-968 and 977-979 as one of these channels may get updated sooner than your local BBC One on 101 or 115 and you could record one of these instead. 

As of 12:44am on Friday 16 September, there are many gaps in the BBC One NI HD, BBC One London SD, and BBC One HD (Generic version) schedules where programmes have been removed. So the BBC are working on it. I would say by Saturday it will be completed and updated.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

I think the bbc 2 coverage is for sign language while when bbc 1 gets added, it will be without sign language 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Ed+Campton This message was authored by: Ed+Campton

Queen's state funeral not showing on q tv guide 9n BBC1

When viewing the TV guide for Monday 19th September 2022 it does not show the listing for the Queen's state funeral. It does Boehner show the BSL signed episode on BBC2. It is just blank?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Queen's state funeral not showing on q tv guide 9n BBC1

@Ed+Campton 

I've moved your post into a thread already ongoing on this subject. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Ed+Campton wrote:

When viewing the TV guide for Monday 19th September 2022 it does not show the listing for the Queen's state funeral.

It is the same for us all @Ed+Campton although it lookslike they are getting there as I see BBC Breakfast is the only program now showing during the morning and afternoon.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

BBC1 has now been updated and showing The State Funeral of HM Queen 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

It took them long enough !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion