Discussion topic: Apple TV+ 3 months free

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Apple TV+ 3 months free

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Get 3 months free Apple TV+ with Sky VIP - check your App today; not too shabby😏

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Best Answers
Skull+Treaty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: Apple TV+ 3 months free

@Doc5907 
Just done mine via the MySky App, took less than a minute and 3 months free. WALLOP 😀

Once you do the do, looks like you have until the 09 June to remdeem the offer for 3 free months.  

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

Get 3 months free Apple TV+ with Sky VIP - check your App today; not too shabby😏

@Skull+Treaty  thanks for that.

I am just coming to an end of a three month free trial through my LG TV so I'm wondering if I can wait until that ends next week (I have cancelled so it doesn't run into paid subscription) and then take out the Sky Q trial. It states in Sky VIP 'offer not eligible for existing Apple TV+ subscribers' so I'm not sure..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Skull+Treaty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Doc5907 

By next week, you will no longer be a subscriber so you may be OK and the offer wasn't showing for me last night.

We previously had a years free subscription (now expired) & I'm hoping to take advantage of the offer too...but "they" always find a way to ruin it.

This message was authored by Beanie1985 This message was authored by: Beanie1985

The app is not working just continues to load, so can not set up, anyone else having this issue 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@Doc5907 

By next week, you will no longer be a subscriber so you may be OK and the offer wasn't showing for me last night.

We previously had a years free subscription (now expired) & I'm hoping to take advantage of the offer too...but "they" always find a way to ruin it.

@Skull+Treaty  let's see how it goes. If its anything like the free discovery + woes, it might be not worth it 😂

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Skull+Treaty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

@Doc5907 
Just done mine via the MySky App, took less than a minute and 3 months free. WALLOP 😀

Once you do the do, looks like you have until the 09 June to remdeem the offer for 3 free months.  

Skull+Treaty
Topic Author

@Beanie1985 wrote:

The app is not working just continues to load, so can not set up, anyone else having this issue 

@Beanie1985 

I've redeemed without issue. I used the MySky App and it was fine.

I did try via the Sky Q box first and encountered an error. 

This message was authored by gibson+stuart This message was authored by: gibson+stuart

We saw this this morning, but when we tried to access it, we are only seeing 7 day free trial 

This message was authored by RhysEl This message was authored by: RhysEl

Same. Signing up to Apple was an extremely annoying experience, and Sky have seemed to have made it even worse. 

Had to sign up for an Apple ID - couldn't enter date of birth, evetually got it to work

Had to download iTunes. Why?

Sky app frequently crashed, but I think we're now signed up to Apple TV?

Can't access the free trial on Apple TV, only a 7 day trial. 

So right now, I think we've signed up for the 3 month trial, but have absolutely no idea how to link it with Apple TV despite (obviously) using the same Apple ID throughout the process. 

Since we can't even access it, god knows how we're supposed to cancel it either. 

Absolutely awful. 

This message was authored by Kami This message was authored by: Kami

I've managed to redeem the offer but for whatever reason i'm anable to access it through sky Q!!  All i see is start free 7 day trial!!! and when i try to sign in it takes me back to sign in on mobile device. I get a code and  followed instructions and still nothing..  Everytime it says your device will refresh to continue and i get a message on sky Q saying " you were signed out of apple tv app. enter your password for your apple ID to sign in again" and it takes me back to actiivating through https://activate.apple.com...

Mind you i have access on my phone! i can watch anything jon my phone not on Sky Q... Sad times:-((

If there's anyone that can help with this i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

This message was authored by Helen+Edwards This message was authored by: Helen+Edwards

I can't sign up to it. I go to the VIP area in my Sky App and the link goes to a broken url.

This message was authored by EggSniffer This message was authored by: EggSniffer

Everyone MUST WATCH Ted Lasso - even if you're not a fan of football. Such an amazing show! The football is like not even important compared to the crazy character arc/storytelling. My wife hates football but loves Ted Lasso and gets excited every time there is a new episode. First few are a bit slow but it's definitely one of our top shows of the last 3 years.

This message was authored by Cailin This message was authored by: Cailin

I can't sign up for it either. Every time I try, it asks for my payment details and it's using an out-of-date card that's not linked to my apple ID or Sky. When I try and change the card details it doesn't accept the new card and says it's not valid. 

I'm in ROI.

When I access the Apple TV app on Sky Q, just goes to the 7 day free trial.

This message was authored by Andy+Bousfield This message was authored by: Andy+Bousfield

I can't see any reference in the MySky app to appletv+ and only the 7day trial on my TV. What is actually going on?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Andy+Bousfield I see it in giveaways section of the vip app.

It states offer available until 13th May 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion