Discussion topic: +1 channel query

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

+1 channel query

Last night, The 1% Club was on ITV+1 at 11.25 pm, however, it wasn't on ITV at 10.25 pm. In fact, it wasn't on ITV last night at all. I don't use +1 channels, is this normal behaviour, seems odd to me?

All Replies

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: +1 channel query

It was scheduled at 10:25pm yesterday so not sure why it wasn't broadcast

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@merv60 wrote:

Last night, The 1% Club was on ITV+1 at 11.25 pm, however, it wasn't on ITV at 10.25 pm. In fact, it wasn't on ITV last night at all. I don't use +1 channels, is this normal behaviour, seems odd to me?

@merv60 that's strange as I watched it on ITV last night at 10.25 pm i'm in the westcountry not sure if that makes a difference and I know I wasn't watching the ITV+1 broadcast as I could say what happened at the end and I went to sleep at just after 12.00am 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
merv60
Topic Author

That's odd. I'm in S. Wales and it wasn't showing up on my Sky Q EPG on ITV at all, only on ITV+1. 

A glitch in the matrix?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@merv60 wrote:

That's odd. I'm in S. Wales and it wasn't showing up on my Sky Q EPG on ITV at all, only on ITV+1. 

A glitch in the matrix?

@merv60 I couldn't tell you if it was showing up on my EPG as I started flicking through the channels just after it started saw from the 80% question and decided to watch it 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@merv60 wrote:

A glitch in the matrix?

I don't think there is a +1 version of ITV Wales anymore (check what local news it shows at 7pm) so when there are local variations in Wales these may not be shown on +1.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@xenon81 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

A glitch in the matrix?

I don't think there is a +1 version of ITV Wales anymore (check what local news it shows at 7pm) so when there are local variations in Wales these may not be shown on +1.

Please see this link which would indeed indicate that Wales gets Central (West Midlands) as it's +1 channel

ITV did some consolidation a while back so many regions do not have their own +1 channel - this would explain different programmes after the regional programming on the main channels differs

ITV Regions 

merv60
Topic Author

@nigea99 wrote:

@xenon81 wrote:

@merv60 wrote:

A glitch in the matrix?

Please see this link which would indeed indicate that Wales gets Central (West Midlands) as it's +1 channel

ITV did some consolidation a while back so many regions do not have their own +1 channel - this would explain different programmes after the regional programming on the main channels differs

ITV Regions 

@nigea99 Okay, cheers for that, sounds like a reasonable answer.

This message was authored by smurph69 This message was authored by: smurph69

Obviously, most people use on demand rather than timeshift stations nowadays, and since that was a repeat (Since 'The 1% Club' airs on Saturday night), I suggest using the ITVX app in most regions or the STV Player app in Central to North Scotland.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

ITV1+1 on Sky (and cable) in Wales is ITV1 Central.

At 10.25pm the network showed 'The 1% Club' but in Wales 'Love Your Garden' was shown.

So on ITV1+1 you would have seen a different programme to your correct ITV1 region.

@merv60 wrote:

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion