Discussion topic: unable to make calls on the landline

This message was authored by ao6889 This message was authored by: ao6889

unable to make calls on the landline

For the past few weeks there has been an awful crackling on the land line but this morning I couldn't dial out to any number. I have tried all the 'fix it' suggestions onlinee but to no avail. Similarly,  during the same period the broadband connection has been dropping out for no apparent reason and after a few minutes, re-establishing itself. I really need someone who knows what they are doing to  invstigate. Any suggestions? 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: unable to make calls on the landline

@ao6889 

Use the Sky App to run a diagnostic of the broadband line it should allow you to book an engineer to fix the fault.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
ao6889
Topic Author
This message was authored by ao6889 This message was authored by: ao6889

I din't have the Sky App, nor do I have a mobile phone

@ao6889 

I'll escalate the post to Sky you have a fault with the telephone line with the crackling and poor broadband speeds.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@ao6889 

Look out for the colourful bubble on your browser when Sky messages you.

-------

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @ao6889.

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion