Discussion topic: continuous dial tone, can't make calls

This message was authored by lmfurlong This message was authored by: lmfurlong

continuous dial tone, can't make calls

Please help. since yesterday I cannot make any outgoing calls on my landline, dial tone is continuous even while i'm entering phone number.  I'm really hard of hearing and so my mobile is next to useless these days (I am 81).  I tried all the help tutorials (unplugged everything, removed and retried microfilter), also plugged phone directly into test socket, same issue.  I tried 2 other phone units too and the same fault is still there.  My broadband is not affected.  I think it is a physical line problem (it runs through a huge tree to the tel pole) BUT I just cannot get past any of the automated messages when I ring sky on my mobile, just get cut off before I get to a real person.  Tried 2 different numbers (from the chat bot), can't get anywhere. Am I supposed to ring Openreach or BT myself? Don't know what to do, I need advice, thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: continuous dial tone, can't make calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lmfurlong 

You won't be able to ring Openreach directly as Sky are your provider and any faults must go through them.

In view of your hearing difficulties it would certainly be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: continuous dial tone, can't make calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lmfurlong 

You won't be able to ring Openreach directly as Sky are your provider and any faults must go through them.

In view of your hearing difficulties it would certainly be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion