Discussion topic: Why do people I call NOT receive numbers they ask me to press to connect with an option? For exampl

This message was authored by Sydneystoane This message was authored by: Sydneystoane

Why do people I call NOT receive numbers they ask me to press to connect with an option? For exampl

Why do people I call NOT receive numbers they ask me to press to connect with an option? For example recently I was in desperate need of medical help and NHS 24 (111) told me to press 9 to continue, which I duly did of course. A voice told me either that I had pressed the wrong number key or they hadn't received it and so refused to continue further . I couldn't get past this brick wall and could get no help with a very sick wife, until I went to 999 I'm sure this delay with the lack of immediate help contributed to my wife's death later that morning.
I had the same problem this morning with Bank of Scotland in identifying myself by entering 4 digit number from my computer screen. They did not seem to hear it, but fortunately I was given the alternative of saying the number out loud, which worked. This seems to be a recent problem as I'm sure this system used to work not so long ago.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Why do people I call NOT receive numbers they ask me to press to connect with an option? For ex

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you hear the tones being generated when you press the number buttons on your handset's keyboard?

Entering numbers on your computer is an unrelated issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion