Discussion topic: Upgraded my mums broadband and it says she's going to lose her landline number?

This message was authored by Annette41 This message was authored by: Annette41

Upgraded my mums broadband and it says she's going to lose her landline number?

Hi,

My elderly mum is a long time sky subscriber and has TV, Broadband and talk services.

I've just upgraded her broadband online and on the confirmation screen it says she's going to lose her landline number shes had for almost 50 years? Can someone tell me if this is the case or if Sky can ensure the number stays the same as we are going to have to cancel the upgrade if so. 

Many thanks in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Upgraded my mums broadband and it says she's going to lose her landline number?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's possible that your mum may lose her number if she's upgrading from standard broadband to superfast, as it usually means switching from standard phone calls, where the phone plugs into the wall socket, to Internet calls, where the phone plugs into the broadband Hub.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Upgraded my mums broadband and it says she's going to lose her landline number?

@Annette41  So is your Mother already with Sky for standard broadband and this is just an upgrade of the broadband service?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Annette41
Topic Author
This message was authored by Annette41 This message was authored by: Annette41

Hi,

Yes that's correct. Standard broadband to superfast upgrade. Been a Talk/TV/Broadband subscriber for years.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Annette41  The phone number should have not changed. It would have been the same line just with different technology.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion