Discussion topic: Sky talk

This message was authored by doctortell This message was authored by: doctortell

Sky talk

Hi there, we have just signed up to sky broadband and have sky pay as you walk. do sky do offers on digital phones at all?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky talk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@doctortell 

Sky don't supply any landline phone handsets. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
doctortell
Topic Author
This message was authored by doctortell This message was authored by: doctortell

thank you. do phones have to be digital?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

No, Sky don't sell phone handsets at all. You just need to buy a standard handset - you can buy a cheap corded handset for less than £10.

doctortell
Topic Author

ah thanks - for some reason i thought i remember sky saying it has to be digital?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@doctortell wrote:

ah thanks - for some reason i thought i remember sky saying it has to be digital?

Almost certainly you'll be getting Sky internet calls (also known as Sky VOIP) which might be where the 'digital' has come from. But Sky's VOIP solution just uses a standard analogue phone handset which plugs into your broadband Hub, rather than the wall socket. The Hub converts the standard phone output into a format suitable for transmission via the internet, rather than a copper cable.

doctortell
Topic Author

Thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion