Discussion topic: UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS ON LANDLINE

This message was authored by time+on+target This message was authored by: time+on+target

UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS ON LANDLINE

Unable to receive or make landline calls "Check power line" message. Unable to contact SKY any help please

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS ON LANDLINE

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@time+on+target 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Are you new to Sky? Or recently upgraded your broadband service?

First try the connection test here,  even if your broadband is working OK. If it detects a fault you'll be able to book,an engineer there and then:  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

time+on+target
Topic Author
This message was authored by time+on+target This message was authored by: time+on+target

Hi Mark

Have done connection test all is OK. How do I book an engineer?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Do you have a mobile that you can use to contact Sky ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

@time+on+target if you wish we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here for a private online char so that you can report it?

time+on+target
Topic Author

I do have a mobile but it will not work in doors.

time+on+target
Topic Author

Hi Mark

Thanks for getting back. The situation is that the landline is not working. For some reason my mobile does not work at home as it says network not available. Got through to SKy by mobile from another location but because I was away from the landline they could not help. Rferred to WWW.sky.com/my broadband for check not available. So there is not point in an engineer trying to contact me by landline or mobile. Is it possible to get an e-mail address direct to an engineer.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@time+on+target 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

@time+on+target there's no email address for this, I'm afraid. We can only suggest reporting the fault via your mobile, or via the online chat which @caesarome has referred on to Sky. 

While it's not ideal, the chat may be better for you, as you don't need to be online all the time. The chat remains open for 48 hours once, you've been invited so you would just need to return to the forum from time to time during that period to pick up replies from Sky and respond accordingly.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @time+on+target.

Thanks
Tom
time+on+target
Topic Author

Hi caesarone

Many thanks for your help. I have been in the chat zone problem identified and hopefully will be resolved soon. Many thanks

time+on+target
Topic Author

Hi Mark39

Very many thanks for your help. The chat line worked and a problem was identified. Hopefully to be resolved very soon with Openreach. Many thanks for your help and explanations.

@time+on+target wrote:

Hi Mark39

Very many thanks for your help. The chat line worked and a problem was identified. Hopefully to be resolved very soon with Openreach. Many thanks for your help and explanations.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need the forum's help again 🙂

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to @time+on+target this has now been resolved 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Brian135 This message was authored by: Brian135

Help required, landline seems dead tried another phone  still no joy unable to plug into the router any more suggestions please

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion