Discussion topic: Sky talk call divert not working

This message was authored by Warren29 This message was authored by: Warren29

Sky talk call divert not working

I have used call divert for years for my business and had no issue I pay £2.50 a month on my bill so I know it is activated with sky. Over the past 6 months we have had no calls coming through our business line when calling the line it gives like a dead tone. I purchased a new handset thinking it was this however it still happened. When I turn it off on the phone (#21#) the phone rings fine as soon as I turn divert back on using *21* number # it doesn't go through and it's back to a dead tone. 

All Replies

This message was authored by MHale This message was authored by: MHale

Re: Sky talk call divert not working

I to am having similar problem. Used divert for years now instead of diverting I get a 'dead' line. In other words my instructions are not being received.

This message was authored by NigelP9 This message was authored by: NigelP9

I have the same issue - Sky support don't seem to knbow how to fix it ......... after rebooting ad nauseam it has now been 'escalated'.

This message was authored by MHale This message was authored by: MHale

I believe that what is happening is that Sky divert is working and cancelling when requested, however instead of a confirmation message as normal, you just get a dead tone. I've informed Sky they no longer have a 'confirmation' apparatus working correctly.

This message was authored by NigelP9 This message was authored by: NigelP9

Hmmm - interesting, you are correct. Many thanks.

This message was authored by abdall This message was authored by: abdall

My Sky divert is working now after one month of waiting but i have another problem on Landline Phone

if someone ring my landline number both my moblie phone and my house landline phone ringing togather on the same time so i decide to move to another network because sky made another problem. i have been waiting for sky to sort it out nealy one month now and what they did the coused another conflict problem can you believe it guys!!

This message was authored by Richgl This message was authored by: Richgl

My divert isn't working either and at £2.50 a month I'm **bleep** off! It's very important for me to have this service up and running

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richgl wrote:

My divert isn't working either and at £2.50 a month I'm **bleep** off! It's very important for me to have this service up and running

Have you complained to Sky about paying for something you're not receiving?

Have you tried getting to talk to sky, when I was changing my sky tv sub I got put through to an Indian call centre explained everything and hot cut off 3 times, eventually after spending 3 hours trying to contact them I eventually got through to the Scottish call centre. Not something I care to repeat. 

This message was authored by MarcoCB This message was authored by: MarcoCB

Moved to BT as fed up of broken promises. They have call diversion that actrually works ... go figure 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richgl wrote:

Have you tried getting to talk to sky, when I was changing my sky tv sub I got put through to an Indian call centre explained everything and hot cut off 3 times, eventually after spending 3 hours trying to contact them I eventually got through to the Scottish call centre. Not something I care to repeat. 

Unfortunate. Never had a problem with calling Sky, myself.

I eventually got through to sky spoke to a guy that I could hardly understand (not his fault). He has insisted that I have an engineer visit. This is obviously going to be a waste of time as the problem as everyone has stated is at their end. What a waste of time. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion