Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield error

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Further problem with Sky Talk Shield

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jewers 

The earlier thread has been temporarily marked as answered so customers viewing that thread for the first time can immediately see that Sky are working on the issue. That answer may be edited in due course. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Ginc This message was authored by: Ginc

Re: Sky Talk Shield error

Sky talk shield isn't intercepting calls and letting scammers through, Is anyone else experiencing this? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Ginc wrote:

Sky talk shield isn't intercepting calls and letting scammers through, Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Have a look through the thread.

Unfortunately the page isn't loading properly and keeps saying server error but thank you anyway 

This message was authored by AMars69 This message was authored by: AMars69

My original post has not been answered as there's still a problem with talk shield, on the mysky app it is on but won't load on website due to page error. History on app did not show the mobile number either! Please update on why scammers are getting through shield!

Ann x

Unfortunately the page isn't loading properly and keeps saying server error but thank you anyway @Mark39 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Ginc 

Sky are aware of this issue and are working on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by AMars69 This message was authored by: AMars69

Viewing other discussions on this subject, this problem has been going on since before September!!! Has scammers hacked sky talk shield??

Ann x
This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @jewers @AMars69 and @Ginc 

I've escalated your case to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.
For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Unfortunately we won't be able to assist through messaging as we are not able to remove or add any services or subscriptions so calling in would be the only option in this circumstance.

This message was authored by Jane146 This message was authored by: Jane146

Sky talk shield allowing nuisance calls.

Although my account says Talk Shield is activated the last two days it has been allowing nuisance calls to get through. 

This message was authored by Aloeanne This message was authored by: Aloeanne

Re: Can't access Sky Broadband Shield

@Kamil92 I have the same problem. I can't get into the web page - it just posts server error.

I managed to get onto it the other day after several tries over the weeks before, and it always posted the same error message

I also had a spam call yesterday that was put straight through!!

I researched the number and it is logged as a spam number

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky talk shield allowing nuisance calls.

A few other Community members have reported the same problem. See this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Talk/Sky-Talk-Shield-error/m-p/4487820#M85619

This message was authored by julieh55 This message was authored by: julieh55

I have just spent nearly an hour taklking to someone about this and she never once said it was an on going problem and sky know about it... dont they speak to each other or at least mark it up for everyone to see, I have had about 6 calls this morning and not one was offering me a choice to answer or no 

This message was authored by GemGem21 This message was authored by: GemGem21

I have had a scam call that has got through shield also telling me they was from sky and that my broadband is faulty. They called from a mobile number and when I questioned it I got sworn at (removed) for not listening and doing what he was telling me. I also said that Sky do not call me on the landline he said it was the only number Sky hold for me which is not true. I have my mobile as my contact details.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion