Discussion topic: Sky Talk - Compatible internet phones

This message was authored by Wallytharg This message was authored by: Wallytharg

Re: Sky Talk - Compatible internet phones

I had the same problem switching from BT with 4 VoIP  Digital Voice phones. Sky told me they would work - but they don't.  I found this on the internet: " BT VoIP phones generally only work with the BT Smart Hub 2. This is due to BT using a proprietary VoIP (Voice over IP) system called Digital Voice, which requires specific software and configuration that exists only on the Smart Hub 2." I'm no expert but believe this is correct.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Talk - Compatible internet phones

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wallytharg wrote:

I had the same problem switching from BT with 4 VoIP  Digital Voice phones. Sky told me they would work - but they don't.  I found this on the internet: " BT VoIP phones generally only work with the BT Smart Hub 2. This is due to BT using a proprietary VoIP (Voice over IP) system called Digital Voice, which requires specific software and configuration that exists only on the Smart Hub 2." I'm no expert but believe this is correct.

You're right. Some BT phones are designed specifically for their Digital Voice platform and aren't compatible with Sky. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion