Discussion topic: Sky Connect Business - Phone System Compatibility

This message was authored by LWHSLW1 This message was authored by: LWHSLW1

Sky Connect Business - Phone System Compatibility

Newly Joined Sky Connect from BT Cloud Voice

I have 2 lines in the package and am trying to identify a phone system compatible.

I am aware that VOIP is not compatible, and aware that standard household phones are compatible.

I need a more advanced system that allows us to transfer calls between handsets etc. via an internal extension system and cannot find a suitable system that will be compatible.  

I have seen PBX analog extension systems online which seem to be compatible in the sense it's via RJ11 cables and not Ethernet.

Any insight would be appreciated.

My ideal scenario would be a system where the 2 lines can be controlled on one handset at each desk and the lines can be transferred from one extension to another to relevant persons.  

Thanks

Sion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Connect Business - Phone System Compatibility

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LWHSLW1  The forum is primarily domestic customers on Sky's domestic services so won't be able to advise you on business setups, have you spoken to sky?  https://businessconnect.sky.com/business/help/home/contact-us/articles/contact-us

Have you maybe looked at a proper business voip solution from dedicated voip providers?  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Connect Business - Phone System Compatibility

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LWHSLW1 

Business Connect has additional calling features in its Pro and Plus variants (it's actually a rebadged Comcast cloud PBX offering)

VoiceEdge.png

https://businessconnect.sky.com/products-and-services/voice/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion