Discussion topic: ‘Service unavailable’ on landline - can’t make or receive any calls!

This message was authored by welshevs This message was authored by: welshevs

‘Service unavailable’ on landline - can’t make or receive any calls!

Realised a couple of days ago (ironically when trying to phone Sky to complain about their imminent price hikes) that my landline through Sky Talk juts says 'this service is unavailable' - so can't make calls or receive them.

Just assumed my phone was knackered, as it was old and the battery life had become poor. Purchased a new one today, and still have the same 'service unavailable' message when dialling out or dialling in!

Loathed to ring Sky as their customer service representatives have become totally totally useless in recent months; and don't want to spend money calling then via my mobile to see what the issue might be.

The help info hasn't helped. Anyone else had this problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: ‘Service unavailable’ on landline - can’t make or receive any calls!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@welshevs 

Does your broadband hub have a voice light that is lit, if so is your phone connection plugged into the back of it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion