Discussion topic: Scams

This message was authored by Chris.one This message was authored by: Chris.one

Scams

Check your talk bill and you may see 0906******* This is a scam number and you will be charged even though you did not ring it on your home phone. Sky told me there is nothing they can do and no amendment to my bill was offered. Be aware. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Scams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I imagine Sky's stance is that for the charge to be added to your account, the call can only have been made from your line. 

09xx numbers are premium rate numbers. Searching for a number on Google can result in an 09xx number being listed at the top. Easy for the unwary to miss the required imformation with it about the cost of the call 

This message was authored by Broadstairs This message was authored by: Broadstairs

Hi

The offending number call me on 6 occasions within 2 minutes and somehow bypassed my BT Gardian protection. I did not hear or pick up the phone. I said to Sky you must know who has set this scam up because when I pay my bill, the scam money must end up in somebody's account. All I got was 'it doesn't work that way'. It cost me just under £13. That's not the point. Times that by perhaps thousands and that is a good payday for criminals 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you checked the date and time that your Sky bill shows the call being made to your phone's own call history ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion