Discussion topic: Phone crackling

This message was authored by ucyosip This message was authored by: ucyosip

Phone crackling

Our landline started crackling badly about 2 weeks ago. It is every outgoing number and every handset. We've tested the cables, connections etc

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Phone crackling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ucyosip 

Apparently if you dial 17070 from your landline phone, then select quiet line test and immediately put the phone on mute or secrecy, if it still crackles its a line fault and you would need to contact Sky (if you can). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
ucyosip
Topic Author

Thanks for the suggestion. Quiet line test does not appear to be one of the five options, and I want to report it to Sky, but in the way of all communications companies, they are impossible to communicate with

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@ucyosip 

As calling Sky may be an issue for you I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later or more likely tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again automatically close down even if your issue isn’t resolved. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent ucyosip an invite to chat 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
ucyosip
Topic Author

Thanks Lisa, how do I do that? Just through exchanging messages like this?

@ucyosip 

The link in my earlier post will explain. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has been resolved on a private chat

ucyosip
Topic Author

Splitter arrived today and all sorted, thanks for your help Lisa.

This message was authored by NB29 This message was authored by: NB29

Hi, I  have the same problem which hasn't resolved despite working my way through the quick fix guide. I have tried to call Sky on numerous occasions but I haven't been able to speak to anyone. Can anyone help?

I've tried a new phone both corded and cordless plus a new microfiber.

@NB29 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001

Thank you

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to NB29.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi NB29

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom

@ucyosip wrote:

Our landline started crackling badly about 2 weeks ago. It is every outgoing number and every handset. We've tested the cables, connections etc

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion