Discussion topic: No fibre broadband in new house

This message was authored by MarRuss This message was authored by: MarRuss

No fibre broadband in new house

Hi I moved house on Wednesday and have a problem with fibre broadband. Engineer from Circuit came yesterday at 8am to install the fibre box but said he couldn't connect externally because the pole had been marked as 'condemned' and they needed a hoist. I called Sky yesterday but they said they couldn't help until they had heard from Openreach. Could you please contact Openreach and say that we urgently need this fibre line connected? One of your engineers is here at the moment fitting our new dish. He checked the pole and it was only put up in 2022 and definitely not condemned. I work from home and rely on a good internet connection for my job at Fife Council. I'm back at work on Monday and need this sorted. I understand this is not the fault of Sky but rather Circuit and Openreach. I would be very grateful if you could contact them on my behalf and expedite this. Thanks, Marian

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No fibre broadband in new house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Welcome to the Community  @MarRuss . I'm afraid we're mainly customers here, and it's unlikely that Sky will see your post (and if they did they have no easy way of establishing which customer you are).

Openreach undoubtedly have their own schedule for progressing this and wouldn't change it even if Sky made representations to them on your behalf. 

If you have a decent mobile signal where you are, you might want to consider a temporary mobile solution pending your fibre issue being addressed.

MarRuss
Topic Author
This message was authored by MarRuss This message was authored by: MarRuss

Ok thanks for your help. I'll look at getting a temporary solution. My friend has a mobile router and Smarty SIM so could hopefully use that in the short term. How do I access Sky online chat? Thanks, Marian
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Online chat isn't suitable for every topic. Where it's available, it will be listed as a contact option, often via the 'still need help' button at the bottom of the relevant Sky help page here: https://www.sky.com/help/home

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Openreach have a service level agreement to provide an update or resolution within 72 working hours 

if the pole is condemned there will be a metal disc attached to the pole stamped with the letter C with the weather recently it's more likely the engineer didn't want to climb the pole and made and excuse rather than explaining the issue

At present sky will be at the mercy of openreach as until the engineer updates the notes with what they have done and what is to happen next 

you actually know more at moment than sky will as you have spoken to the engineer at your property

you will be updated by text message once an update or resolution is provided, if not it is passed for investigation and you will then be contacted by sky with that update

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion