Discussion topic: Line Cord Error

This message was authored by billy.mac1 This message was authored by: billy.mac1

Line Cord Error

Landline has not worked for two weeks, Ive reported as a Fault to Sky twice, but cant discuss the issue due to bad mobile coverage. We originally had a Braodband Fault, which has been fixed, but landline hasnt worked since the engineer changed our NTE.

Ive been through all of the online checks and then get to raise  a fault and then get a robot message to call a number, which I can use becuase of poor mobile coverage.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Line Cord Error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@billy.mac1Did the engineer change the type of socket you had or was this a like for like change?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
billy.mac1
Topic Author
This message was authored by billy.mac1 This message was authored by: billy.mac1

Its the latest BT Openreach version with the Broadband socket on the left and the PSTN socket on the right

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@billy.mac1Is your broadband still plugged into a filter at all or are they split without the need for a filter now?

billy.mac1
Topic Author

Hi @Highlinder , no splitter as I have a  VOIP telephany service from Sky , phone is connected directly into the SKY Wifi Box

@billy.mac1  If the phone is plugged into the router what colour is the voice light? Is it green or amber or is it not any colour at all?

billy.mac1
Topic Author

@Highlinder Voice light is green

@billy.mac1  Have you tried any other phones in the socket or is this the only one that you have?

billy.mac1
Topic Author

Hi @Highlinder its the only one I have

@billy.mac1  Can you borrow another phone to see if it is the phone or it is a problem with the line.

billy.mac1
Topic Author

@Highlinder I went out and bought a corded phone, just to satisfy myself that it isnt my DAB phone that was the issue and corded phone doesnt work either. Ive raised a complain with Sky, and I still get asked to call them, even though I keep telling them that I dont have any mobile coverage in my house and have asked them to send an engineer as its clearly as issue on their voice platform or an issue with the wifi router ... nothing back from Sky. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@billy.mac1 iif you wish, we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you via the forum so that you can report it?

@Mark39  It looks like this is going to be the only way to get this fault logged for @billy.mac1 . I can do it if you like, I don't mind either way.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I agree @Highlinder . I was just going to wait on @billy.mac1's confirmation before going ahead but I don't mind either way either 🙂

billy.mac1
Topic Author

@Mark39 and @Highlinder , hi both, I have an open fault with Sky and I keep getting the same response to call a number, but as my landline doesnt work and I have no mobile coverage in the house, dont know how that is going to work. This has been ongong now for almost 3 weeks now. I just need them to send an engineer out

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion