Discussion topic: Landline phone installation

This message was authored by FamRibeirAlves This message was authored by: FamRibeirAlves

Landline phone installation

Hi! I'm Sky customer for over 2 years now. Because we own a small business and we mainly work from home, we now need a landline phone - it's in our contract with sky (broadband and talk) - what do I need to do? Should I just buy a phone and connect it myself or do I need to do anything additionally? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline phone installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, if you already subscribe to Sky Broadband/Talk all you need to do is buy a handset and plug it in. By all means post back if you encounter any problems.

Do be aware that business use of Sky Talk/Broadband is specifically excluded in the terms and conditions you've signed up to. It means that if there's a fault you won't get any priority when it comes to being fixed, and Sky won't accept financial liability for any issues arising from loss of service etc.

FamRibeirAlves
Topic Author
This message was authored by FamRibeirAlves This message was authored by: FamRibeirAlves

Thank you for your help! 

This message was authored by MarcAsh This message was authored by: MarcAsh

Hi similar to the person above I am working from home. I have built an office above my garage but need to install a phone line. 
can sky do this for me?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarcAsh if there's no landline already to your property, Sky can arrange with Openreach for one to be installed for you. They won't install a second line. As before, note that Sky's contract doesn't support business use.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion