Discussion topic: Landline not working .

This message was authored by Janp1963 This message was authored by: Janp1963

Landline not working .

Landline died on Friday after doing all recommend checks I reported this to sky on Saturday. I was told there was a fault on the line and openreach would fix it within 2 working days and it would be fixed by Wednesday ie today. Received text from openreach on Saturday but nothing else and still no landline. Should I escalate this

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Landline not working .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Janp1963 

Openreach have a target fix time of two working days. You would need to contact Sky to see if Openreach have updated them. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Janp1963
Topic Author
This message was authored by Janp1963 This message was authored by: Janp1963

Rang up and now told will be fixed tomorrow,  which isn't the 2 working days I was originally told. Not confident as person I spoke to said it was a broadband issue when it's just the landline 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Janp1963 

As already stated it's just a target fix time of two working days. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Janp1963 wrote:

Not confident as person I spoke to said it was a broadband issue when it's just the landline 

I wouldn't be concerned about that. Your landline and broadband services are both delivered over the same copper cable to your home. A fault on one service often has an impact on the other.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion