Discussion topic: Landline not working - check phone line

This message was authored by Elaineg This message was authored by: Elaineg

Landline not working - check phone line

My landline hasn't been working for a few days.  I have tried all the tests but still not working.  I am also unable to remove the phone cable from the socket - this seems to have been jammed in from the original installation by open reach.  Please can a test be run on the line or someone get in touch with me to fix this.  I did fill in an online form but was told this would be 3 days before I get a reply.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Landline not working - check phone line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ElainegDo you have no other means of contacting Sky to report this fault? Is your broadband working properly?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Elaineg
Topic Author

My broadband is working fine.  I filled in an online form yesterday but it says 72 hours before they will reply.  I can't find a contact number or an online chat to speak to someone

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@ElainegYou can find a number to call if you are not with Sky mobile at the bottom of the link below under " Need more help ".

https://www.sky.com/help/home 

When you call and asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you maybe asked for a mobile number, give this, but DO NOT hang up and you should be dropped into the queue for an advisor.

Elaineg
Topic Author

Found a telephone number and managed to get through straight away.  There is a fault with the line and an openreach engineer has been contacted to fix this.  Thanks for your response anyway 🙂

@ElainegCome back and let us know that you got the issue sorted or need any other help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion