Discussion topic: Landline dead

This message was authored by Chrissey55 This message was authored by: Chrissey55

Landline dead

I had issues with landline and broadband. I got a new router which fixed braodband but not phoneline. Several calls to sky and nothing has been sorted. I tasked an independant telecoms engineer to see if there was a fault in the house and he confirmed external fault. I am just getting nowhere everytime I call sky. I am an elderly female who lives alone and my landline is my lifeline. I have done the sky app checks and when it tries to book engineer it just throws up an error message and stops.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline dead

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chrissey55 you mentioned that you've spoken to Sky several times - what have they said?

Have you made any changes to your Sky broadband subscription?

Chrissey55
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chrissey55 This message was authored by: Chrissey55

I spoke to a nice lad today who was working from Bulgaria. He too said he couldnt access the book an engineer and agreed there was a fault. I have been plagued with landline faults for the past 3 years all external.

@Chrissey55 wrote:

I spoke to a nice lad today who was working from Bulgaria. He too said he couldnt access the book an engineer and agreed there was a fault.

I'm sorry to hear that. If you wish, we can ask the forum messaging team to contact you here via a private online session to see if there's anything they can do. The likelihood is, however, that they'll encounter the same problem with Sky's/Openreach's engineer booking system.

Chrissey55
Topic Author

At this point Im willing to try anything. After 3  weeks without phone. Thanks

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Chrissey55.

I've alerted them. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and an email inviting you to chat online. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so just check back from time to time for updates.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to Chrissey55, after troubleshooting outlined in this help article https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-talk/fix-problems-with-my-phone/articles/fix-phone-problems-intern... we were able to resolve the customers issue. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion